Dana White: Rousey could coach TUF

Ronda Rousey is game to be coach on The Ultimate Fighter.

"I'd love going on TUF," said UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey. "It would be very interesting, whether we would coach guys or girls. It would be really good for people to see a woman in the position of coaching the men and the men respecting the women. That would be very positive.

"If it was all women, I think it would be hilarious if Dana had to deal with the girls having ‘girl issues.' You know, if someone was like ‘I can't fight, I have cramps!' and see him lose his mind. He would lose his mind if he had to deal with girl stuff, I don't doubt that some issues would come up. So just for my own personal amusement, I think it would be really funny. But I also think all guys would be really fun, extremely positive. I'm open to anything."

UFC President Dana White is not exactly game, but he is warming to the idea.

"It could happen," said White. "If there's two people who would probably coach, you kick it around, this could happen, that could happen. If they did, it could be her and Miesha. You know, we'll see. Timing has a lot do with it."

Read entire article...

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

tags: UFC   Dana White   Ronda Rousey (detail)  TUF   The Ultimate Fighter

Tubarao site profile image

1/5/13 9:20 PM by Tubarao

ttt

Mark It Zero site profile image

12/31/12 7:02 AM by Mark It Zero

Is scissoring allowed on FX? If so, I'm on board with this.

PermitMeFisticuffsBrother site profile image

12/31/12 6:38 AM by PermitMeFisticuffsBrother

Ultimate Fapper?

UGCTT croy_00 site profile image

12/24/12 10:57 AM by UGCTT croy_00

And it only took 4 comments to get to this lol. You guys must all have Freddie Roach in your corners!

MainelyBJJ site profile image

12/24/12 10:00 AM by MainelyBJJ

VTFU

mijo site profile image

12/24/12 7:08 AM by mijo

I agree, then he get Carmouche, and acts like she is the #1 contender. Meisha Tate should have gotten the nod, or Cyborg and Rousey could have met at 145lbs. I guess you make someone champ, when she is clearly not the best in the world, and DFW knows it.

Van Terminator site profile image

12/24/12 6:55 AM by Van Terminator

So is Rousey mega-famous/popular in the US and likely to draw huge numbers on PPV?If not then I really don't understand the UFC's sudden commitment to WMMA. It's not like female sports have a history of making money or stirring public interest.This whole thing seems very strange, not least because DFW was so against the idea not too long ago.

stonepony site profile image

12/24/12 6:02 AM by stonepony

I think those people tend to get a pass because it could be considered discrimination against the mentally handicapped to hold them to normal standards.Like, if a person with downsyndrome is joking with you, and says the n-word really loud, going a little too far... You don't get angry or condemn them.

PermitMeFisticuffsBrother site profile image

12/24/12 5:13 AM by PermitMeFisticuffsBrother

What about if one of them has the herps like that wrassling coach dude who cried like a little baby when he got told "no u cant b here, u got the herps" do u think that it'll be like that other thing with the girls who do Muay Thai? what happens if you get the female Chris Leben who wants to punch windows and drink constantly? will she be really bitchy and try to scratch someones eyes out. ONLY WAY I'D WATCH A FEMALE ULTIMATE FIGHTER IS IF GINA CARANO WAS ON IT.

OftheWay site profile image

12/22/12 9:18 PM by OftheWay

Rousey as coach on TUF is an excellent idea. This was the first thing I thought of when she was signed. Two things would be accomplished with her as TUF coach: 1) An introduction of WMMA to the casual fan 2) The creation of an instant roster of eligible female fighters for the UFC women's bantam weight division.Having her coach opposite Cyborg would make for excellent television because of their genuine dislike for each other.