Aldo wants to be first three division champion

source: mmajunkie.com

Aldo believes he can hang with the boys at 155 pounds and wants a chance to move up and challenge for the promotion's lightweight title. He's just waiting on trainer Andre Pederneiras to give him the green light.

"It all depends on this fight," Aldo said through an interpreter. "My trainer, 'Dede,' thinks I'm not quite ready. When he thinks I'm ready to go up, I fully intend to go up. Once I beat Frankie Edgar, I'm sure that I can prove that I can fight one notch above.

"Certainly I believe that I'm ready, but 'Dede' believes that I'm still too young, and so he's keeping me back. But I think I'm fully capable of fighting one category above."

"I have made that weight once, and it has been a dream of mine to win three titles," Aldo said. "Nobody has beaten that record yet. Andre knows that's a dream of mine, but he controls my career, so it all depends. Someday I hope to achieve that. I'd like to make history.

"For a fight for the title, I could make 135 pounds. I'm not saying it would be easy. It would be difficult, but I think I could do it."

Venum Joseå© Aldo UFC 163 Corra Fight Shorts

Venum Joseå© Aldo UFC 163 Corra Fight Shorts

Venum Team Aldo Shirt

Venum Team Aldo Shirt

tags: Jose Aldo (detail)

gspisimpressed site profile image

12/27/12 2:49 AM by gspisimpressed

Well if that's what Aldo desires, that is what Aldo will make happen because he's a beast! And god damn that Aldo Edgar card happening in February is stacked!

Lazer MMA site profile image

12/26/12 7:56 PM by Lazer MMA

Most think Benson already lost to a guy Aldo is going to chop soon. I like Bendo but he may want to move to WW as he said he wanted before Aldo comes calling.

Teddy KGB site profile image

12/26/12 7:49 PM by Teddy KGB

Dont mind if he does not achive this but really want to see him attempt it.Most time when fighters say shit like this it means the opposite and there is non chance of it happening.Note how he said its in the hand of his trainer... gtf with that shit do it or dont, dont tease us ffs.

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee site profile image

12/26/12 5:22 PM by AresSmashedPrahjuhdee

Benson is not that much bigger than Maynard. both walk around in shape in the 170'shttp://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/15/3245822/ben-hendersons-head-coach-john-crouch-talks-their-ufc-150-strategy#storyjumpand I'm not saying Pettis and Aldo are similar in body type, I'm saying they're similar in fight both are strikers with no wrestling background and with good jiu jitsu.

MasterofMartialArts site profile image

12/26/12 4:52 PM by MasterofMartialArts

Just because he's a beast at 145 doesn't mean he can't get manhandled at a higher weight class. Him and Pettis body type are nothing alike, and Bendo is bigger than Maynard. Edgar obviously is a freak of nature but I believe Ben would control him.

Rafael135 site profile image

12/26/12 4:43 PM by Rafael135

He better do this soon. He'll be in his prime soon but he has been pulling out of fights pretty often due to injuries.

Sugar Dick site profile image

12/26/12 3:46 PM by Sugar Dick

He won't even get past Frankie. Frankie is gonna knock him the fuck out.

Enemies site profile image

12/26/12 2:38 PM by Enemies

Dude almost kills himself making 145. Going for 135 would be a mistake.Aldo vs. Rousey 2014! ;)

Seats Taken site profile image

12/26/12 10:29 AM by Seats Taken

If he wanted to win 3 classes 135, 145, and 155... Shouldn't he try to go down first? I don't know his walk around weight but I'm sure he would want to pack on some solid mass then cut to 155 which would make it even more impossible to ever hit 135.

XcessiveZ site profile image

12/26/12 10:20 AM by XcessiveZ

Look at the size difference between Edgar and Henderson.It was pretty significant and Edgar was robbed in the 2nd fight.

MMA apparel and training equipment
BLACK FRIDAY