Tim Boetsch: The UFC will have to give me a title shot

source: mmaweekly.com

Talking is the point because Boetsch is not a boastful fighter who claims anything is his, or that he needs to be handed the keys to the kingdom.

“For me that gets frustrating. Just because I’m one of those guys who isn’t very vocal about calling people out and saying I deserve such and such an opponent. Michael (Bisping)‘s very good at that and he’s made a career out of it, there are talks of him getting a title shot maybe before even I do, so he’s done a good job of promoting himself and that’s one way of doing it,” said Boetsch.

“I think the better way to do it, or the way I prefer to do it, is to step in the cage and beat people up, and eventually they’re going to have to give me a title shot because I’m going to run out of people to beat up. That’s how I plan on doing it.”

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

TapouT Infant Girls Logo Socks 2-Pack

TapouT Infant Girls Logo Socks 2-Pack

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

tags: Tim Boetsch (detail)

kingkoopa site profile image

12/27/12 12:16 PM by kingkoopa

Actually if it weren't for Andy the title would be changing hands like lhw did before Jones... mw would be considered stacked.

Teddy KGB site profile image

12/26/12 7:52 PM by Teddy KGB

Hes a good guy but bisping deserves it more and will get it first becuase he knows how to play the game. Timmehy

Herring In A Fur Coat site profile image

12/26/12 4:48 PM by Herring In A Fur Coat

Boetsch does have a point.  If he keeps winning, he will eventually get a title shot. So will Weidman and Bisping, if they keep winning. All the middlweights need to stop whining and just fight.  There is just not a clear-cut #1 contender at the moment.  So have the Bisping/Belcher/Weidman/Boetsch fight it out.  Dos Santos was 7-0 in the UFC before his title shot, never did he complain.

Haulport site profile image

12/26/12 4:43 PM by Haulport

I was a big Barbarian supporter but Tim has lost me as a fan with his tentative "wins" at 185 over Grove, Ring and Lombard. That lombard fight was a DISGRACE...

Willy the Coyote site profile image

12/26/12 4:09 PM by Willy the Coyote

Lol @ Palhares being on a two fight losing streak but ranked ahead of one of the guys he lost to.

patches site profile image

12/26/12 3:53 PM by patches

i agree somewhat....he was getting dismantled in that okami fight...he imo is a "B" level fighter...upper "b"...but never ever gets a title shot much less win it...i dislike bisping and i say he kills tim B....weidman will destroy him...this is far as tim B goes

w9 site profile image

12/26/12 2:41 PM by w9

The MW division is the weakest in UFC history.This is exactly why Anderson can never be the GOAT.

eggs and beef site profile image

12/26/12 2:38 PM by eggs and beef

Tims only losses are at 205, a weightclass he was way too small for. Since moving down to 185 he has been undefeated and won 4 fights in a row.The Barbarian is going to take Silvas belt, watch a see.

UGCTT_Fillthy site profile image

12/26/12 2:12 PM by UGCTT_Fillthy

what are you basing your list on? Certainly not win/loss record or strength of opponents.  Is it based on who you want to see fight, or who you think UFC will give the next shot? You've got Roussimar, a guy coming off two consecutive losses (including one to a guy Tim beat) ranked above Boetch.  I love Rich and Wandy, but they haven't beat a Top10 guy in years.  And you've got 2 guys that Tim beat ranked 4X as high.  I'm not even going to touch Bisping as #1 - is it based on who can talk smack and crush cans?