JDS: Cain return too soon, will go to back of line

"For a whole year, I've been thinking about redeeming myself. I want the belt, I got into this sport to be the champion," said challenger Cain Velasquez. "When you fight, there's a sense of urgency. I don't know how you can want something too much."

"I can learn from a loss. You can't just go in there and shoot, shoot, shoot," said Velasquez. "You've got to set it up, like the big punch, with combinations. That will make things easier. I know we will keep the fight standing up at times."

Velasquez used that strategy in May during his first-round technical knockout of the larger Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva, who was reduced to a bloody mess.

UFC Heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos has a strategy of his own.

"Cain is good standing too, but I can see holes during a fight better than he can, and I will be waiting for that opportunity," said dos Santos. "It doesn't matter how prepared he is. I'm going to hit his face with good punches and I will knock him out."

"I know his game plan of taking people down and doing ground and pound has been effective for some people, but I can defend that with my jiu-jitsu skills."

"I think it's a problem for him that he'll be a little nervous. I should be nervous too, but I'm not. I'm confident. I actually think it's a mistake for Cain Velasquez to be getting this fight again so soon, because after he loses this one, he's going back to the end of the line to get at this again."

Read entire article...

Affliction Cain Velasquez UFC 166 Revolutionary Walkout Shirt

Affliction Cain Velasquez UFC 166 Revolutionary Walkout Shirt

Affliction Cain Velasquez Unity Shirt

Affliction Cain Velasquez Unity Shirt

TartanTopTeamsHeroinWhore site profile image

12/29/12 4:22 PM by TartanTopTeamsHeroinWhore

Correct RE shot Cain got hot with in first fight. Classic (legal) rabbit punch

JerodR site profile image

12/29/12 4:08 PM by JerodR

Its been a while so please correct me if I am wrong but didn't JDS land a shot just behind the ear that wobbled Cain? For some reason I remember seeing that and thinking that could happen to anyone regardless of how good their chin is. They could actually have a good fight this time if that is the case.

Stephen Holder site profile image

12/29/12 3:58 PM by Stephen Holder

This sounds cool in a sort of 'wow JDS is psychotic' sort of way but the truth is hes not at all psycho, hes just not taking Cain that serious. I'm not saying JDS cant win but if he gets his hand raised it will be after a war and it wont look like their last fight at all. I'd even go as far to say if there is a lopsided victory at this point I'd say fear for JDS's life after the way he dismantled Bigfoot.

Stephen Holder site profile image

12/29/12 3:54 PM by Stephen Holder

See this is what I'm talking about. Since they announced this fight this is what people have been saying and they are wrong. Oh well, you claim some stupid shit on a website forum to discount this or that fighter and you end up being wrong. Lord knows I've done it plenty of times myself. lolIts one thing for someone to sit on their computer and say some shit that may or may not be true but if Junior makes the same mistake many of the posters on here are, hes gonna be in trouble. Its almost to Velasquez's advantage if Junior assumes hes fighting the same guy he did last December.Junior not only beat an undefeated Cain last time they fought but he did it quicker than most of his previous fights. That should tell you Cain wasn't 100%. Hes in super big trouble if he predicates his gameplan on that fight. Even if JDS wins it will be the most difficult fight hes ever had. I guarantee it.

HenryO site profile image

12/29/12 3:42 PM by HenryO

I agree, would have made more sense to wait for this fight but ZUFFA had nobody else for JDS to fight

crumbs site profile image

12/29/12 11:05 AM by crumbs

When other fighters claim they are going KO someone, they do it with a serious face.When JDS says he is going KO someone, he does it with a unadulterated smile. A smile a child would have after receiving an ice cream cone.I fear for Cains life.

Immaculata site profile image

12/29/12 10:19 AM by Immaculata

TTTonight! I love this match up.

GARRYD site profile image

12/29/12 10:16 AM by GARRYD

Cains gonna get knocked out

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!