Miller gets decision in war with Lauzon

By the time it was over, the octagon mat looked like a crime scene, but instead of facing trouble for what he'd done, Jim Miller had his hand raised in victory.

Fighting for the first time since his disappointing May loss to Nate Diaz, Miller came out with both guns blazing and savaged Joe Lauzon early, then fended off late comeback attempts to earn the UFC 155 victory in the night's co-main event.

Miller looked hellbent on finishing in the first round, using a vicious dirty boxing approach to slash Lauzon open with elbows and uppercuts. When the opening five minutes were over, Lauzon was already a bloodied mess and needed to be looked at by the cageside doctor.

Joe "J-Lau" Lauzon Vs. Jim "The Mongoose" Miller
Fight was scheduled for 3 rounds (5x5x5)
Name Joe Lauzon Joe Lauzon
Height 5′ 10″ (177.8 cm)
Weight 155 (70.31 kg)
Record 22-7-0
Team Team Aggression / LauzonMMA
VS
Name Jim Miller Jim Miller
Height 5′ 8″ (172.72 cm)
Weight 155 (70.31 kg)
Record 21-4-0
Team AMA Fight Club

Jim Miller defeated Joe Lauzon by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Super Body Care Shower Gel 8oz

Super Body Care Shower Gel 8oz

Jaco Training Shorts

Jaco Training Shorts

Reynaldo Poullard site profile image

12/30/12 7:28 PM by Reynaldo Poullard

Miller and Lauzon fecking brought it. Beautiful bout!

confusionSay site profile image

12/30/12 4:17 PM by confusionSay

If fighters were held to that standard, the UFC would be primetime, widely-popular entertainment

kostello site profile image

12/30/12 1:38 AM by kostello

Miller seemed overall stronger.

bonerfart site profile image

12/30/12 1:32 AM by bonerfart

Well then maybe fighters need to adjust.With the skill level and talent there should be fights like this almost every time.Fight to finish to the finish

bonerfart site profile image

12/30/12 1:32 AM by bonerfart

Thats the way it was in the early days

QuadAces site profile image

12/30/12 1:16 AM by QuadAces

Sticksy-"Lauzon is a warrior. If guys can't come at that level they should stay home."If you set the bar that high, the roster would be way too thin.

Prikaza site profile image

12/30/12 12:21 AM by Prikaza

WOW!Let me just start by saying: THIS IS WHY I AM A PROUD LAUZON FAN. FOTN? It better be! Cause to me this was probably FOTY!Let me tell you guys.. I was a fucking TUF noob when I started following MMA in maybe 08/09. I'm fairly young and I live in Europe where the scene isn't as popular as in the US. Since I discovered MMA I immediately fell in love with the game and it's because of fighters/fights like this. I'd always get goosebumps from watching shit like this. I must admit It's been awhile since I had goosebumps. I want to thank you, Jim Miller and especially Joe Lauzon for reminding me why I loved this sport so much. Guys like you keep me motivated to keep at it with BJJ & MMA. Thanks alot guys! Signed, a huge huge fan of both.

Bad News Garand site profile image

12/30/12 12:18 AM by Bad News Garand

Incredible fight! Two of my favorites!