Cowboy Cerrone sticks to his guns, all 44 of them

UFC Lightweight Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone took part in a lively, wide-ranging fan Q&A immediately prior to the UFC 155 weigh-ins; Liz Carmouche also participated.

•What could only be a UGer asked whether Cerrone would prefer to ride his horses, or Arianny Celeste.
•On the  January 26 fight with Anthony Pettis - "I plan on going out there and standing with him. Come on motherf@$%#&."
•On the bad blood with Pettis - "I started the beef, but the truth hurts."
•On Gil Melendez possibly jumping over him for a title shot - "The guy has been a champion for a while. If Dana wants to give him a shot (so be it). If they want to give him a fight before that, I'm game."
•On a solution to the rash of injuries - "What we do every day, we get in the cage and beat the s--- out of each other... I don't know what we can do to train and be the best and not go hard, you know, you really can't really practice lightly so I have no idea."
•On a rematch with UFC lightweight Champion Benson Henderson - "I'll beat him."
•On the low point of his life - "When I lived in a closet. I had no money, then I fought and won $40,000. To have a bank account and know I can fill up my car and be okay now (is great)."
•On the UFC Dangerous Activities clause - "I want to be a professional wakeboarder. This summer, when I don't have a fight, I'm going to sit down with Dana. Are you telling me I can't go ride my horses?"
•On marijuana testing - "I believe the policy should stay. (Nick Diaz) should be able to smoke his weed and whatever, but don't show up to the fight stoned. Be allowed to do it in states that have legalized it, but not while performing at the UFC."
•On showing up to a fight, no matter what - Cowboy said he brought along his gear in case Jamie Varner pulled out of his fight with Melvin Guillard.  "I would have thrown up all over Melvin and got it done."

Perhaps the most controversial, although entirely unexpected response was about any sort of proposed gun laws.

"They aren't going to take my guns," said Cerrone. "I have 44 guns and they aren't going to take my guns. They need to enforce how and who to give guns to. But there are Americans like me who are responsible and they shouldn't take that away. If they outlaw guns, they won't take mine."

Read entire article...

MusclePharm Confidence Shirt

MusclePharm Confidence Shirt

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

tags: UFC   Cowboy   Donald Cerrone (detail)  video

Rabid Bunyip site profile image

1/27/13 10:00 PM by Rabid Bunyip

If Cowboy won't give up his guns, govt can just send Pettis around to his ranch to collect them.Problem solved.

burner22 site profile image

1/27/13 8:44 PM by burner22

Replace "Somali" with "Lebanese" and it's pretty much the same in Sydney.

Dark Knight site profile image

1/27/13 6:21 PM by Dark Knight

In NY, you now will be the last owner of certain banned guns. You can sell them to a dealer, sell them out of state or turn them in. But you cannot sell them to another person in NY.In late December, New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo, a Democrat, said that confiscation of guns from law-abiding citizens "could be an option."

subwrassler site profile image

1/27/13 2:39 PM by subwrassler

"That's actually a really ridiculous, jingoistic post that exhibits no understanding whatsoever of our history as a nation or western history in general."No comment as I have not seen the movie.gun control is controversial enough

thebigblastula site profile image

1/27/13 2:01 PM by thebigblastula

Australia banned guns because Australians supported banning guns. If Australia didn't ban guns, it would have been because their democracy didn't work. Do you think most Australians wanted to keep their guns and so the nefarious Australian government started a long range plan to get rid of their guns?

thebigblastula site profile image

1/27/13 1:58 PM by thebigblastula

"The Constitution is the embodiment of The Rule of Law. We were the first country formed on the basis that all humans, regardless of the circumstances or social elevation of their birth, are born with certain inalienable rights."You are dumb as fuck. "Regardless of the circumstances or social elevation of their birth" Hey fuckface you know only propertied men could vote at the beginning right? "circumstances... of their birth" Hey cockmouth, you know we killed ALL the fucking indians and didn't let even free black people have rights, right?

danggook site profile image

1/27/13 12:13 PM by danggook

See: Australia

Virginio site profile image

1/27/13 12:12 PM by Virginio

Jeez, how many paranoid delusionals actually think that gun control means the government is going to send an official notice demanding that their guns be turned in??My god, the stupidity is astounding.

joker271 site profile image

1/27/13 11:47 AM by joker271

No is citizen should poses weapons at the level or stronger then a patrolmen has in his prowler. They are a threat to national security. You don't need an acp to hunt and one bullet stops a burglar as good as 1000. We don't make them then the 'crazies' won't use them. Don't know one wacjob cabals of metallurgy.Cowboy==cowardHey homie you are right, they arent taking your guns, who said they were? Didn't know he had glass balls too.

joker271 site profile image

1/27/13 11:47 AM by joker271

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!