Dan 'The Beast' Severn announces retirement

Happy New Year to all. The year has come to an end. It is usually during the week of Christmas, and New years hat I am the slowest. It gives me time to reflect, and take a look at the goals I set for this past year, to see how I did, and to look adding any new goals for the up-coming year.

I will no longer be stepping into the cage as a competitor. The number one goal I set for myself in 2012 was to be finished with my Mixed Martial Arts competition career. I was attempting to do my own self-directed retirement tour in the last couple of years reaching out to only three people...Mark Coleman, Ken Shamrock, and Royce Gracie. I spoke to two of them directly (Mark & Ken), and through representative (MGR) for Royce Gracie. It seems as though these matches will not take place for whatever reasons and my life now goes on to the next chapter.

read more...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Jaco Sugafly Athletics Team Hoodie

Jaco Sugafly Athletics Team Hoodie

Under Armour The Original Boxerjock 3in Trunk

Under Armour The Original Boxerjock 3in Trunk

tags: Dan Severn

Luigipe site profile image

1/3/13 11:26 AM by Luigipe

TTT for a great pioneer and a legend in MMA, the last fight should be against other old leyend like Coleman, or Shamnrock, i think

Luigipe site profile image

1/3/13 11:26 AM by Luigipe

bcolflesh site profile image

1/3/13 9:26 AM by bcolflesh

Rumors:Royce asked for crazy money that no promoter would ever put up.Coleman wants the fight at LHW or lower.Shamrock does not want the fight.

Flannerz site profile image

1/3/13 8:07 AM by Flannerz

Anyone got any idea why the Coleman, Shamrock and Gracie rematches never happened?

theshooter site profile image

1/3/13 7:13 AM by theshooter

It's too bad rematches against Mark Coleman, Ken Shamrock, and Royce Gracie never came together for Dan Severn.

theshooter site profile image

1/3/13 7:13 AM by theshooter

theshooter site profile image

1/3/13 7:05 AM by theshooter

What's so amazing about Dan Severn is that he started MMA at an age when a lot of athletes would be retiring. He was like 37 or 38 when he fought in his first UFC back in 1994. It's amazing that he remained in the game for as long as he did. Just imagine if MMA had been around when he was a teenager.

DreamerMMA site profile image

1/3/13 6:29 AM by DreamerMMA

One of the pioneers and legends, we'll miss you Dan.

per site profile image

1/3/13 6:18 AM by per

Gotta love the man's attitude. He always seemed so positive and really did what he enjoyed doing. Like 9 or so years back He said in an interview that he may have one or two more years left and would like to finish his career where it started, in the UFC. It was not to be but he enjoyed competing too much to quit, constantly fighting in regional shows, as he said, "I have a competitive heart and like to stay out there and give small promoters a name to help fill their seats". Granted, he fought guys who were like 3-8 and so on but anyway, how much bloody drive do you need at 50 to be able to still compete with 25-year olds? Dude is cool, no doubt about it.Royce is only interested in a huge, huge fight so that was not to be. Coleman could use some extra cash but he said himself he is a LHW now and Dan must lose plenty of pounds first, that would not happen either. I'm sure Dan is happy with what he has done anyway and I wish him all the best in this new chapter of his life.

Pro Ice site profile image