Leben: I had ring rust, but Brunson is boring

source: twitter.com

Although he hasn't given an official interview since his UFC 155 loss to Derek Brunson, Chris Leben has taken to Twitter to explain his side of the fight:

i just watched the fight. Hindsight is 20/20 there's def some things i would change about my performance. Coaches game plan was dead on

I just had a little ring rust. But that being said Derek Brunson is a boring fighter the times he hit me, i let him just to get him to swing

read official Twitter...

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

Under Armour Sonic Compression Short With Cup Pocket

TapouT Fang Mouth Guard (2 Pack)

TapouT Fang Mouth Guard (2 Pack)

GayGuardMooseSaucy site profile image

1/4/13 6:37 AM by GayGuardMooseSaucy

This. Quit testing positive and you won't have to worry about ring rust

Phisher site profile image

1/4/13 6:15 AM by Phisher

What the fuck do you expect from MMA fans. These are same people called Condit a point fighting pussy after the Diaz fight even though 90% of his wins were by stoppage.

Phisher site profile image

1/4/13 6:13 AM by Phisher

Why is this all on Brunson? Leben did jack shit but stagger around like a fucking zombie throwing lunging punches. It's Brunson's fault that he didn't stand still in the middle of the octogon with his chin out for Leben to hit.   Leben had a full camp. Brunson had a few days to get ready.

TenOfSwords site profile image

1/4/13 5:47 AM by TenOfSwords

This situation is unusual in one respect though: Brunson is like 3" bigger than Leben, and here it is the bigger fighter that is being accused of resorting to "boring" tactics.

ArthurKnoqOut site profile image

1/3/13 8:20 PM by ArthurKnoqOut

this some people have never seen Brunson fight apparently...

Dillon70 site profile image

1/3/13 8:17 PM by Dillon70

and that's exactly the problem. leben hasn't 'shown up' in his last few fights, but somehow what he did 2-3 years ago keeps him around? it's not a matter of me being a 'fan', it's a matter of this being the 'superbowl' of mma and bums are fighting in it.

mmavixen site profile image

1/3/13 7:23 PM by mmavixen

I think you're obviously not a Leben fan.  I am not one of these "what has my favorite fighter done for me lately" fans.  Can anyone forget what Leben did not long before that?  Th guy had two finishes in a matter of app. 2 weeks once.  That's the Leben I remember. Go back to my original post and read it.  I never badmouthed Brunson, he seems like a sweet guy.  I said if he wants to stick around he's going to have to show up next time.  Did you not hear what the boss said about him?  If he doesn't, he'll be cut, and Leben will still be around.  And that is a fact.

GregBell  site profile image

1/3/13 4:09 PM by GregBell

Sorry but id rather watch leban lose anyday than to ever watch brunson win like that again...the firstzuffa era ufc fight I actually fell asleep on woke up and dozed off again. Boring is an understatement.

ausgepicht site profile image

1/3/13 3:41 PM by ausgepicht

That about sums it up. Brunson had VERY short notice, did the best he could and even came close to finishing with a choke. Still a Leben fan, but it is really a meathead's way of thinking if you think someone's punches landing on your face and not bothering you matter. You may not find them to hurt, but when the judge's are watching someone punch you in the face it "hurts" you. They score the round 10-9 for the other guy and you lose the fight and don't get a win bonus. So ultimately they are way more damaging beyond the physicality of them.

Dillon70 site profile image

1/3/13 3:18 PM by Dillon70

And leben has lost 3 of 4 and embarrassed his company and himself...Were you impressed with leben's last 2..?