Davis: Daley, promoter tried to bully me into fight

source: mmajunkie.com

UFC vet Marcus Davis said Paul Daley's revelation that he turned down a proposed fight is an attempt to bully him into a booking for which he'd be underpaid.

Davis today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the Ireland-based Cage Contender promotion offered him $8,000 to fight Daley on just over one month's notice.

When he refused, stating Daley's A-level ability justified a higher purse and that he wouldn't accept the fight on short notice, he said the promotion "probably got into Daley's head" to publicly shame him.

"I thought I graduated high school over 21 years ago," Davis said. "I'm not going to get roped into fighting a fight."

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

MMAWarehouse Logo Hat

MMAWarehouse Logo Hat

Graemeo site profile image

1/6/13 5:25 PM by Graemeo

Patrick "Dexter" Vallee wants Paul Daley at Cage Contender 16 Patrick “Dexter” Vallee has expressed interest in fighting Paul Daley in the main event of Cage Contender 16 in Dublin, Ireland on 23rd February after fans suggested Vallee as a possible opponent after Paul Daley asked the fans would they would like to see him fight on his facebook wall. “Yes this fight against Daley is exactly the type of fight I need and want right now style wise we match up great and would be a great fight for the fans. I am very lucky to have the fan supporting me like they have been.” More at http://severemma.com/2013/01/06/patrick-dexter-vallee-wants-paul-daley-at-cage-contender-16-in-dublin-ireland/

303 site profile image

1/5/13 6:19 PM by 303

I like Semtex, I think he has had some immature moments in his career, and he is his own worst enemy. However there is no doubt that Semtex, when healthy, and in the right mind state is a force at 170 and has the ability to be a top level contender at that weight. 303

Ryann Von Doom site profile image

1/5/13 5:59 PM by Ryann Von Doom

JT$ wants this fight bad too. Semtex will be hearing from TQ soon.

Gator Choke site profile image

1/5/13 5:50 PM by Gator Choke

I heard straight from the horse's mouth, he was offered the fight this week. You are accurate in assessing that either way, it's still over a month away.

youarewhatiswrong site profile image

1/5/13 4:52 PM by youarewhatiswrong

Yeah, i dont know where that is coming from. And i'm not singling you out, but it seems like there is a contingent of uk based fighters/fans that are trying to make davis look bad for turning down and bad offer.

Graemeo site profile image

1/5/13 4:49 PM by Graemeo

I'm not disagreeing with €8k being a good reason to turn it down for Davis Im saying that this, just over a month stuff from Davis, or MMAJunkie or whatever isn't right

youarewhatiswrong site profile image

1/5/13 4:47 PM by youarewhatiswrong

Here you go, semtex.

youarewhatiswrong site profile image

1/5/13 4:46 PM by youarewhatiswrong

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Please continue to grasp at as many irrellevent details as you can. The only point that matters is that which i just listed above. But waahhhh, Marcus Davis should take a shit payday to help a brotha out because Daley stepped in it again.

RobinHood site profile image

1/5/13 3:44 PM by RobinHood

Marcus can do what ever the fuck he wants to do. He is a legend and nobody should ever call a pro-fighter a coward.I still say - you are only worth the money someone is willing to pay you.

lozer81 site profile image

1/5/13 3:34 PM by lozer81

i would fight paul daley for 5,000. for 8,000...i'd kill him.in reality he'd beat me, but im actually bigger than he is, and he isnt exactly a ground wizard,so we'd have a stand up war,until he beat me that is.....or not. but for that money...i would damn sure try.