Bec Hyatt laughs at waking up in puddle of pee

Bec Hyatt, who fights Carla Esparza for Invicta FC's vacant strawweight (106-to-115 pounds) title in the headliner on Saturday, said she was having the time of her life and didn't feel a thing when Rhiannon Thompson kicked her in the head in the first round of their fight 15 months ago.

"I went to sleep, and I woke up, and I lost," she told MMAjunkie.com Radio.

But she's seen others who haven't been as lucky.

"I've seen some people in Australia that have been knocked out and woken up in a puddle," she said.

Hyatt's fear of damage is a thing of the past. She comes into fights with the excitement of a kid on Christmas.

"I've got to prove everyone wrong," she said. "That's probably what drove me to success more than anything."

"I see her coming out quite wild, trying to prove that she can stand with me. She's made a few comments that I'm a brawler and that my standup is impressive, and I think she might want to prove that she can hang with me, so I'm hoping she just comes out and we just get it on and put on a good fight for the crowd."

That kind of fight undoubtedly puts her in danger of having that accident, but her laugh indicates how far away she thinks that possibility is.

"I just can't wait to get out there," Hyatt said.

Read entire article...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Frank Mir Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Frank Mir Action Figure

tags: Bec Hyatt   Invicta 4

SJCOTTON site profile image

1/4/13 4:49 PM by SJCOTTON

I've woken up in someone else's piss... Does that count?

Bill Pharoni site profile image

1/4/13 4:02 PM by Bill Pharoni

UG Blog gets my single vote down for this thread title.

fishyfish site profile image

1/4/13 4:02 PM by fishyfish

personally I like the way UG Blog does their titles.

HOLLYWOOD-MO site profile image

1/4/13 3:21 PM by HOLLYWOOD-MO

This is a suggestion for Invicta. You have a huge opportunity here with your organization. Please have your interviewer come with prepared questions, and knowledge about the histories of each opponent and what happened prior to the signing of the fight-prior to the taped interview.This interviewer was just shooting from the hip, and she really doesn't have the experience to do so. The female fighters deserve to be put on the same professional level as male fighters. Watch Max KellermanWatch Joe RoganWatch Mauro RanalloAll of these interviewers are well versed with the fighters and the history prior to each taped interview.

Barry_BondsMVP site profile image

1/4/13 3:13 PM by Barry_BondsMVP

where's Max Kellerman in that video?

Chromium site profile image

1/4/13 2:54 PM by Chromium

She did not piss her pants, she is talking about others. UG Blog: great job making that obvious for the stupid!

crumbs site profile image

1/4/13 2:44 PM by crumbs

she pissed her pants, i didnt bother to read the rest of the article, UG's title was more than enough info and as always never mis leading.Golden shower fetish fans rejoice, she pee's her pants, that is all you need to know.

Right Hand JO Power site profile image

1/4/13 1:00 PM by Right Hand JO Power

On the bright side, it's better than shitting your pants.

Ryann Von Doom site profile image