Bisping: Belfort 'has the heart of a chicken'

by Michael Bisping | source: yahoo.com

I’m looking forward to going to Brazil. I was there for just a few days before Christmas doing PR for this fight. I shook Vitor’s hand and we had a laugh about how at UFC 152 we were around each other quite a lot and got along great - and now we are fighting. It happens a lot in the UFC but it’s always a little strange.

I noticed he looked HUGE. Massive arms, chest and shoulders – a body for posing down at the beach – but then I noticed these little chicken legs sticking out of his arse. I thought: “He has the upper body of a lion but the legs of a chicken”.

And – now we are this close to the fight – I will say that he has heart of a chicken, too. He’s a professional bully. If you let him have his way he will rip you apart in short order, but if you fight back and get him tired, he backs down and does basically nothing.

I’ve already seen this in him. In Brazil, we didn’t do a formal press conference but, instead, I was in one room talking to Brazilian media and Belfort was in the next room doing interviews at the same time. I’d just given interviews talking about what a great challenge this was  when one media guy said: “Wait, Vitor just described you as a hooligan and a thug.”

RVCA Vitor Belfort UFC Fight Night Cornerman Shirt

RVCA Vitor Belfort UFC Fight Night Cornerman Shirt

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

JBASS site profile image

1/10/13 1:40 AM by JBASS

Yeah I know what ya mean by selling the fight - but I still think he should've left it at Vitor's legs though.    Bisping hasn't always been the most classy or respectful fighter out there, so I suppose I shouldn't really be that surprised.

Nick Fury site profile image

1/10/13 1:34 AM by Nick Fury

Can't wait for this fight.

ausgepicht site profile image

1/10/13 1:17 AM by ausgepicht

Did not approve of Sakara's actions and to be honest they were puzzling. He didn't need to go that route, as he was on his way to winning. You know Vitor doesn't have the heart of a chicken, I know he doesnt and Bisping knows he doesn't. Spitsbing is selling the fight and doing what he alluded to in his post about not liking a guy to perform better and motivate. If Vitor is weak anywhere it is that he can fade if things don't go his way.

JBASS site profile image

1/10/13 1:12 AM by JBASS

I'm not exactly the biggest Belfort fan in the world...actually, I am quite far from that. All I know is that I don't have pin-point accuracy during fast combos, I couldn't imagine how hard it would be for Vitor, especially in the heat of the moment when he's got a guy hurt badly. Just a question, how do you feel about Sakara's actions in his fight against Cote?    Personally, I think it's a bit weak from Bisping to say that Belfort has the heart of a chicken though. His sister disappeared in tragic circumstances and he continued to fight. If my sister was taken from me like that, I don't know what I would do. I would be beside myself as she is my only other sibling, I can't imagine how Vitor felt. You can see the difference in Vitor since it happened (whether you see it as good or bad).    Vitor has the heart of a lion. Whether you think his fighting heart is the heart of a lion might be debatable to some people - but to go through a life experience like that and still be competitive is a testament to his heart. No disrespect here at all, but we have all seen the effect that Shawn's death had on Hominick. That could've happened to Vitor as well, but it hasn't (again, debatable for some).

ausgepicht site profile image

1/10/13 12:07 AM by ausgepicht

6 posts and 206 views? I'd say most of them came here, got e-slapped across the face with a dose of hypocrisy and broke the fuck out.

junobeach site profile image

1/9/13 11:26 PM by junobeach

If getting kicked in the face by Bisping is like sucking on the toes of a beautiful woman, what is his least effective weapon, his pillow fists or his sensual and romantic feet?

ausgepicht site profile image

1/9/13 11:20 PM by ausgepicht

Though Bisping should be one to talk for fighting dirty, he is correct about the back of the head. Funny, because many of us have been calling Belfort out for hitting the back off his head and the Okra/Acai Kool-aid crew has called us trolls, assholes, and sent death threats over it. Wonder if they will be consistent and call Bisping those things or will they tuck their gerkins?

Joe_Drogan420 site profile image

1/9/13 10:47 PM by Joe_Drogan420

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIAB1FHD9pkembed plz

yellow wrkahlc site profile image

1/9/13 10:47 PM by yellow wrkahlc

HA! Bisping via Unanimous Decision.

GriffinQ site profile image

1/9/13 10:44 PM by GriffinQ

I believe he's sucking his supermodel wife's toes, is he not?