Frankie Edgar: I’m already less than 10 pounds over

source: lasvegasweekly.com

You’ve never fought at 145 pounds before. Are you worried about the weight cut? Will you do a test cut to make sure you can make it down without a problem? No, because I’m not that heavy. With the way I’m training, I’m already less than 10 pounds over, so we’re really not going to try that hard. I don’t think it will be an issue at all.

Aldo’s talked about knocking you out and then moving up in weight to win another title. What did you think of those comments? Everyone’s got to motivate themselves in their own way. He hasn’t fought in a year, so I think maybe he forgets how it is to be in there and needs to motivate himself. But he’s got something coming if he thinks this is going to be an easy fight.

What challenges does Aldo present? He’s a great striker, fast and explosive. He’s got great knees and great kicks. He might be the most dynamic striker we have in the sport, right there next to Anderson Silva.

read entire interview...

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu I Got Your Back Shirt

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu I Got Your Back Shirt

Venum Joseå© Aldo UFC 163 Corra Fight Shorts

Venum Joseå© Aldo UFC 163 Corra Fight Shorts

nick diaz nut hugger site profile image

1/10/13 10:56 PM by nick diaz nut hugger

Thanks. I clicked on this thread like 9 posts in for this kind of knowledge to be dropped. It took until the 3rd page. Just goes to show the difference between a decent or even good poster and bobby fucking lupo.Very sorry to hear you're in Cleveland, I hope you are able to gtfo there soon. If the line keeps disrespecting Francesco the way it has, there are gonna be a lot of rich people whose last names end in a vowel walking around...

jaytrainwreck site profile image

1/10/13 10:37 PM by jaytrainwreck

I cannot wait for this fight!!!

Firstnamekevin site profile image

1/10/13 10:34 PM by Firstnamekevin

I love Edgar as much as next guy but I don't see him having much of a chance. This is the most skilled matchup the UFC has ever put together, 2 true "pound for pound" greats. But I think Aldo takes it and inflicts too much damage, especially to the legs. All that footwork will be negated.

Colboyo site profile image

1/10/13 10:15 PM by Colboyo

This looks like a fun fight.

5 Round Main Event site profile image

1/10/13 10:11 PM by 5 Round Main Event

I haven't looked it up myself but I think there's tremendous value in Edgar here.I also think Aldo can finish him.This is a really exciting fight.

UGCTT_FryedTakayama site profile image

1/10/13 9:52 PM by UGCTT_FryedTakayama

Aldo wants to go to 155 and Frankie is going to give him his excuse. He should send Frankie a thank you note afterwards :)

Alpha Omega site profile image

1/10/13 9:51 PM by Alpha Omega

Jesus christ, the guy's less than 10 pounds? How is he still alive?

pj_benn site profile image

1/10/13 9:47 PM by pj_benn

Lol typical Guido

Blipty_Blurred site profile image

1/10/13 9:45 PM by Blipty_Blurred

I see Frankie getting rocked and doing doing the chicken dance many times in the 1st, then starting to find his range in 2nd/3rd. 4th round Edgar starts moving and out pointing. 5th is going to be a wrestling clinic via The Answer to decision victory.

CREamed_by_DongJ site profile image