Velasquez responds to Tyson Fury

source: espn.com

"I didn't know who he was until this," Velasquez told ESPNChicago.com. "I think he's using my name to gain publicity, which he has done, everybody is bringing it up."

Fury issued the challenge via Twitter.

"I challenge u to fight all in in a cage or ring! It could be billed as the man vs midget lets get it on!" Fury tweeted.

Velasquez smirked a bit when reminded of the insult, but he wasn't taking the bait.

"I'm not a boxer," he said. "I'm a mixed martial artist, and if he wants to fight, he can go into the UFC and work his way up like everybody else does. Nothing is given to you in this world.

"To me, it's like don't talk about it, go ahead and do it. That's all I have to say about that."

Affliction Cain Velasquez Unity Shirt

Affliction Cain Velasquez Unity Shirt

Affliction Cain Velasquez UFC 166 Revolutionary Walkout Shirt

Affliction Cain Velasquez UFC 166 Revolutionary Walkout Shirt

tags: Cain Velasquez (detail)  Tyson Fury   video

Barbalos site profile image

1/11/13 7:21 PM by Barbalos

VTFU lol

Barbalos site profile image

1/11/13 7:20 PM by Barbalos

I watched the video hoping for him to speak those quotes. Was disappointed.

Tolstolobic site profile image

1/11/13 7:20 PM by Tolstolobic

Cain is class guy.RESTECP

Achilles is the GOAT site profile image

1/11/13 7:05 PM by Achilles is the GOAT

Your forgiven thenBy the way, you looked great against JDS!

DoomFarmer site profile image

1/11/13 3:54 PM by DoomFarmer

Ah, then I retract my snarky comment but I had originally assumed it was about Cain getting a title shot after only 1 fight from losing the belt.

hogh20 site profile image

1/11/13 3:49 PM by hogh20

I believe the first comment was in regards to Chael Sonnen and his not stop yapping, getting a LHW title shot with no wins. Hence, he was givin a title shot.

MTH site profile image

1/11/13 2:26 PM by MTH

Cain's right--Fury should work his way up. Dana can just send him a standard fighter contract. Make it for three fights with escalating purses and a championship clause. He's a pro fighter. No need prove himself in the amateurs or local circuits. Straight to the UFC. The guy's having trouble getting fights, so that's his option. Shouldn't take him more than a year to KO three UFC HWs if he's as effective as he hopes. He wins all three fights, then he gets a shot at the current champ. He wins that, he stays with the UFC until he loses per the championship clause. If Fury isn't interested in that, then tell him to STFU and everybody moves on.

anpack20 site profile image

1/11/13 1:18 PM by anpack20

That, and the fact that he didn't test positive for a PED at all...just elevated testosterone. He definitely should know all the facts before an interview. It makes reporting for the sport look amateurish.

nick diaz nut hugger site profile image

1/11/13 12:56 PM by nick diaz nut hugger

I'm surprised the UG Blog didn't show a video of Cain wrestling in high school

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!