Palhares denies using banned substance

by Dann Stupp | source: mmajunkie.com

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Super Body Care Body Spray 2oz

Super Body Care Body Spray 2oz

RYU Signature Tee LE

RYU Signature Tee LE

patches site profile image

1/12/13 9:43 AM by patches

i'm shocked...he looked natural to me....now can someone help me cross the street...

RobinHood site profile image

1/12/13 7:18 AM by RobinHood

Your respect doesn't pay the bills.Placing doubt in promoters and sponsors allows these guys to continue to fight and earn a living.

whoabro site profile image

1/12/13 4:05 AM by whoabro

Touche

Deaf Forever site profile image

1/12/13 4:05 AM by Deaf Forever

I have a lot more respect for athletes who grow a pair and fess up. Most intelligent people know that almost every athlete uses so it's really not a big deal as long as you can take responsibility for your cheating when you get caught.

whoabro site profile image

1/12/13 3:38 AM by whoabro

Godspeed on his quest

Rabid Bunyip site profile image

1/12/13 1:31 AM by Rabid Bunyip

He's innocent.If he was using PEDs he'd be huge and jacked.

Whambo site profile image

1/11/13 11:40 PM by Whambo

remember Dana said he was gonna fix this issue? Lol I don't think the UFC has done one damn thing.

Nothing2 site profile image

1/11/13 11:27 PM by Nothing2

From what I remember the Prosecutors couldn't prove anything right?

BshMstr site profile image

1/11/13 11:25 PM by BshMstr

""I've always been extremely regimented with my diet and would not use anything that could harm my body or my performance inside the octagon," Palhares stated. "And it wasn't different this time. I never had the intention to cheat. I've got almost 30 fights in my career, most of them in the UFC. I have been subjected to several surprise tests, and there was never anything wrong. Besides, I knew that I would be tested after the fight in Australia because it is standard in the UFC. I have a clear conscience, but accepted the punishment. The rules are there for everyone and must be followed. "I consulted with my doctor, and he will go over all food supplements used in my preparation for the fight and the test results. I want to know exactly what happened that made the testosterone rate unusual in my body." Brazilian Top Team leader Murilo Bustamante also issued a statement in support of his fighter. "'Toquinho' is one of the most rigorous with food, fitness and everything that involves his profession, but if he was accused of something wrong, it is because at some point there was a lapse," he stated. "So, this story has to be an example for all other fighters. There must be more care with everything that is eaten. The exams are increasingly strict; hence, the concern with food and supplements must also be greater.""well, i've never heard of any food that can cause an elevated T:E ratio....i guess he's not really admitting anything, though. he's just saying that he would never take anything that "could harm my body or my performance inside the octagon." obviosuly not all PED's cause harm, but would obviosuly enahnce his performance. "I never had the intention to cheat." but he still did, but if he assumed everyone else did, then he had a clear conscience....whatever...he got busted.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!