Complete results for Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine

Main Card (Live on Showtime, 10 p.m. ET)

-Tarec Saffiedine defeated Nate Marquardt by Unanimous Decision (48-47, 49-46, 49-46)
-Daniel Cormier defeated Dion Staring by TKO (Ref Stoppage, Round 2, 4:02)
-Josh Barnett defeated Nandor Guelmino by Submission (Arm-triangle, Round 1, 2:11)
-Gegard Mousasi defeated Mike Kyle by Submission (RNC, Round 1, 4:09)
-Ronaldo Souza defeated Ed Herman by Submission (Kimura, Round 1, 3:10)

Preliminary Card(Live Showtime Extreme, 8 p.m. ET)

-Pat Healy defeated Kurt Holobaugh by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
-Roger Gracie defeated Anthony Smith by Submission (Arm-triangle, Round 2, 3:16)
-Tim Kennedy defeated Trevor Smith by Submission (Guillotine choke, Round 3, 1:36)
-Ryan Couture defeated KJ Noons by Split Decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)

Preliminary Card (Untelevised, 7 p.m. ET)

-Adriano Martins defeated Jorge Gurgel by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
-Estevan Payan defeated Michael Bravo by TKO (Strikes, Round 2, 4:01)

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Hayabusa Tokushu 4oz MMA Gloves

Hayabusa Tokushu 4oz MMA Gloves

Super Body Care Shower Gel 8oz

Super Body Care Shower Gel 8oz

tags: Strikeforce   Nate Marquardt (detail)  video

DevildocDonFrijole site profile image

1/14/13 12:15 AM by DevildocDonFrijole

So does that mean KJ Noons is out?

Drunkenirishfc site profile image

1/13/13 9:05 PM by Drunkenirishfc

This

xNate site profile image

1/13/13 7:28 PM by xNate

Stop being a trite cunt.

smellslikefishtasteslikechicken site profile image

1/13/13 12:43 PM by smellslikefishtasteslikechicken

This is the shitty thing about the ug/og , always gotta quote a previous comment . Shits not fucking hard to just put an up arrow or just respond without dragging us through your shit

Bat21 site profile image

1/13/13 12:27 PM by Bat21

Great summation, agree with most points, especially about Barnett. If I never heard from this guy again, it would be too soon.

smellslikefishtasteslikechicken site profile image

1/13/13 12:21 PM by smellslikefishtasteslikechicken

Agree with all , glad i didn't have to type it out . Thanks !

MisterHawkeMMA site profile image

1/13/13 11:45 AM by MisterHawkeMMA

Exactly. UFC should just start their own developmental league. I've been saying this for years. They could put on good fights, and show them on Facebook or their website. I'd much rather watch some UFC cast offs fight each other than this shitty ass card full of mismatches, over rated fighters, and under achieves. Speaking of this card...Taric didn't look good, Marquardt looked shitty, big difference. He was slow, his technique was garbage, and his strategy made no sense. How many legs kicks do you have to take before switching stances? How about turning the corner on that single? How about countering that leg kick that you KNOW is coming with an overhand or takedown attempt? I've been saying Cormier went from under to over rated for a while. His boxing is average at best, his submission skills are non existent. And he's severely out of shape. I'll be surprised if he beats Mir actually.Barnett is so over rated. Whose the last quality fighter he's beat? I'll wait. And don't tell me he's a former champ because pretty sure he was on the juice and that was a million years ago fighting guys that JDS and Cain would've walked through. With that said though, I actually would love to see him fight someone like Struve though. Just don't interview him if he wins.Since I shitted on this card, I feel obligated to point out the positive. Jacare, Rockhold, and Moussasi should be good additions to a formerly thin MW division.Oh yeah, one more thing... So so happy I don't have to listen to Frank Shamrock do commentary anymore. What's up with the braces by the way??? They can't be their just to improve his smile. He's 40, and ugly. His smile is irrelevant. I know I ranted a bit. But damn this was a bad card and I feel like I earned it for sitting through that.

Batarnaque site profile image

1/13/13 9:06 AM by Batarnaque

I had a hunch Tarec would upset Nate, had a two 4 fight parlays going and needed that extra oomph on the second one ... a "gamble fight", so to speak. I've had good advice I gotta admit.I've won 2 of 6 parlays so far... this card was too easy to bet on with even limited knowledge.Thanks for everything, Strikeforce, you've shattered the Fedor myth and I'll always remember you for this the most.

UGCTT_El Pescadero site profile image

1/13/13 8:38 AM by UGCTT_El Pescadero

Ya Saffiedine!!!! Made up for my Herman play ... And a little on top!!

Jbarr83 site profile image

1/13/13 4:24 AM by Jbarr83

Scott Coker would be a huge asset to the zuffa fam imoIf he took danas spot, the mma world would be a better place..... N I'm a dana fan