Rousey: GSP would be unknown if he wasn't cute, and Canadian

UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey sat down with Las Vegas Review Journal's Doug Elfman for a wide ranging interview that included fellow MMA sex symbol UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

"I respect Georges St. Pierre as a businessman and an athlete," Rousey says. "I don't have anything against him personally. But he's not the kind of fighter I like watching."

"He fights to win matches. He doesn't fight to defeat his opponents."

"I lost a lot of judo matches because of points fighters. It was extremely frustrating for me. And when I see that same style being played out in a different sport, it brings out the same reaction in me."

"Everybody keeps coming up to me and saying, 'Oh, do you think if you didn't look such a way, people would like you so much?'

"I'm like, 'Dude, if GSP was butt ugly, you wouldn't want to know who he is so much.'

"I think he lucked out a lot that he's Canadian. I love Canadians. They are the coolest, nicest, most patriotic people, and they will support their countrymen no matter what, and I think that's commendable.

"But if GSP wasn't really good-looking, and really Canadian, he would be really unknown."

"I like fighters that go into it to finish it. They're not afraid to take risks," by saying, "I'm going to try to do something crazy, and if I end up in a bad position, I know I can handle it."

"That confidence gets me excited."

Read entire article...

UFC Women\'s Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

UFC Women's Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

Affliction GSP Royal Guard UFC 167 Walkout Shirt

Bat21 site profile image

1/15/13 11:09 AM by Bat21

Mind = bottled at the crap this chick spews. Great fighter, but she needs to show some respect for her future husband and father of her children.

jzus14 site profile image

1/15/13 11:05 AM by jzus14

her first fight better not be boring, she better bring it!

georgejonesjr site profile image

1/15/13 9:39 AM by georgejonesjr

Basically, yes. Canada has the population of California (about 1/10th the US population), and MMA is a tiny sport here (hockey, football, baseball, basketball, and even curling draw bigger audiences ... more people watch Junior A hockey than watch the UFC). I'd love to see the numbers released on the PPV's, but even if Canadians watch twice as much MMA per capita than the US, its still going to be a small part of GSP's PPV's.You go to a sports bar when the UFC's on, and if there's a hockey game on, only one out of ten screens will be on the UFC, and that one will have the sound turned down low so folks can listen to the hockey game. Rousey's dreaming if she thinks MMA can compete with hockey in Canada, and so that's what's driving GSP's numbers. The bloody NHL lockout got more press daily than the UFC gets in a year ... As to the rest, when she's accomplished a tenth of what GSP has in MMA, then she can criticize his MMA skills. As it is now, its like someone who won a few state judo tournaments criticising her Olympic level judo - its just silly.

ender852 site profile image

1/15/13 9:32 AM by ender852

Marloes Coenen has a good one in this staredown pic!!

ender852 site profile image

1/15/13 9:27 AM by ender852

i googled it and i guess ronda has a little cauliflower going on

ToneB site profile image

1/15/13 7:20 AM by ToneB

what a fuckin loud mouth cunt...

fightharder site profile image

1/15/13 7:10 AM by fightharder

Does Honda also know that she would not be relevent or even on the UFC radar is she was not at least semi hot and she keeps running her mouth saying dumb shit.   A person in her position should really be a little more humble. And should especially tone things down  when it comes to making comments about the looks department. The only reason she is so populair is because she is semi hot and all the men are intrigued about how it would be to fuck her. If she looked like Liz Charmouche she would not even be on the radar of Zuffa nor Dana.   GSP is so fucking populair because he fucking dominates fights period. All the other superfial stuff might help but dudes do not like GSP because he looks decent. We like him because he dominantes everybody in his division who they put in front of him.   Every time you sort of warm up to this chick she comes out with some dumb ass comment again . I am also getting extremely tired about here judo comments. Ronda lost because others where better. She seem to have a problem with admitting defeat. If someone beats her its suddenly because they do it in a manner that is not exciting.   Annoying as fuck.

ufcman187 site profile image

1/15/13 6:08 AM by ufcman187

If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. What happens when a woman finally realizes that Honda has 1 threat and learns to defend an armbar? She fades away and takes WMMA with her. I hope GSP gets the KO he's been wanting against Diaz.

ender852 site profile image

1/15/13 5:47 AM by ender852

Dude, now I really want to see a chick with cauliflower ears!!!!!!!

GayGuardMooseSaucy site profile image

1/15/13 5:33 AM by GayGuardMooseSaucy

And if it weren't for Dana having a hard on for Rousey nobody would know who the fuck she is.