Ronda Rousey tweets video suggesting Sandy Hook was gov't conspiracy

UFC Women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey has an affinity for attracting media attention nearly equivalent to her skill with armbars.

Mae West, or maybe it was P.T. Barnum, Will Rogers, or W.C. Fields, famously said "I don’t care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right."

That nostrum may be put to the test after "Rowdy" posted a video on her twitter account that suggests that the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre was a government conspiracy.

Ronda Rousey @RondaRousey
Extremely interesting must watch video

@Sebas747
wow respect for posting this Ronda! Prepare yourself for some gnarly tweeets.

Ronda Rousey @RondaRousey
Criticism is always expected ;)

Bloodstain Lane @BloodstainLane
glad to see you are free thinker unlike these other ROBOT athletes

Ronda Rousey @RondaRousey
thanks, I just figure asking questions and doing research is more patriotic than blindly accepting what you're told

Ronda Rousey @RondaRousey
If you're gunna make yourself and exception - be prepared to piss ALOT of people off ;)

Rousey has since deleted the tweet.

Her manager, Darin Harvey, later told MMAjunkie.com that Rousey meant no disrespect.

"Ronda's the kind of person that doesn't take everything at face value, and doesn't have 100 percent faith in all the news that's put out there by the mainstream press," said Harvey.

Harvey clarified that he and Rousey were horrified by the shooting. He said he hadn't recently spoken to her, but speculated she didn't realize the extent of the controversy surrounding the video when she forwarded it.

"I don't think that she did anything so horrible," Harvey said. "I think what she was doing is retweeting something that gave a different perspective as to what transpired on that day. I don't think anything in that video denied that it happened.

"I don't know if it's the truth or not. I'm not an investigator, but it seemed to me that if that Bushmaster really was sitting in the trunk of a car, and the guy killed himself inside the school, how would the gun end up in the trunk of a car? Maybe it's just bulls--- facts. I didn't investigate it. I think Ronda thought it was interesting and retweeted it, and that was the extent of it. I don't think she was saying the mainstream press was wrong. It was just a different perspective."

Read entire article...

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

tags: UFC   Ronda Rousey (detail)

octowussy site profile image

1/31/13 12:59 PM by octowussy

If there's anything worse than believing that this video has even a shred of truth to it back when Ronda tweeted it, it would be believing that this video has even a shred of truth to it now.

Zaph site profile image

1/31/13 9:01 AM by Zaph

No there isn't. No reasonable adult thinks that there's an opportunity for debate here.

Zaph site profile image

1/31/13 8:54 AM by Zaph

Which part, the one where his own lack of reading comprehension led him to call me out incorrectly on the "ubiquitous" thing, or the one where his limited vocabulary led him to call me out incorrectly on my proper usage of "non sequitur"? lol @ you.

diggity site profile image

1/31/13 2:40 AM by diggity

It's 'grandma' not grammar.And it is the single stupidest and most obscenely disgusting conspiracy theory to date.We truly need a changing of the garb.

andyman011 site profile image

1/31/13 1:04 AM by andyman011

You guys argue like children and had to stoop down to grammar problems to further your points. There's so much more to debate here.

Redneck site profile image

1/30/13 11:48 PM by Redneck

I haven't see a one sided beat down so bad since A.Silva vs Griffin. Poor Zaph. THE DEAN, have mercy, please.

THE DEAN site profile image

1/30/13 11:29 PM by THE DEAN

Simple question. He doesn't have an answer. That's fine. But...if I choose to not follow the verbal meanderings of someone who can't answer a simple question, I don't consider it a 'non sequitur'. I would refer to it as 'time management'.

diggity site profile image

1/30/13 10:47 PM by diggity

He's got you there.

Zaph site profile image

1/30/13 1:09 PM by Zaph

I am applying it properly. Your post did not address mine. It did not follow the flow of the discussion. In other words, it did not follow. Look up the meaning of the Latin phrase, and you'll see that "does not follow" is what it literally means.I'm not avoiding a discussion. Having an exchange with a conspiracy enthusiast has little in common with having a discussion. It's an exercise in futility.

THE DEAN site profile image

1/30/13 12:03 PM by THE DEAN

Yes, I figured you'd use your imagined intelligence to avoid any kind of direct conversation. I would also recommend looking up the term 'non sequitur' because you're not applying it properly.