Dan Henderson not waiting for title shot

Dan Henderson recently appeared on MMAJunkie Radio, and said his last years in the UFC will not be spent waiting for a light heavyweight title shot.

"If the timing's right, I'd do it," Henderson today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "If not, I'll beat the next top guy."

"I feel that I'm probably the guy to beat in the weight class. I know that if I fought Jones, I'd knock him on his ass. But if I don't get that opportunity, I'm not going to sit and dwell on it and wait for it. I waited last year, and I'm not going to do it this year."

Dan Henderson fights former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machidat UFC 157 on Feb. live on PPV.

Clinch Gear Pro Series Fire Shorts

Clinch Gear Pro Series Fire Shorts

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

tags: UFC   Dan Henderson (detail)

hogh20 site profile image

1/16/13 12:56 PM by hogh20

Hendo hit a little sit out switch to get Fedor's back and get that KO. That is wrestling with a punch at the end of the move.

MuayThai4Everyone site profile image

1/16/13 10:45 AM by MuayThai4Everyone

When is Dan fighting?

Sugar Dick site profile image

1/16/13 9:23 AM by Sugar Dick

Take Fedor off that list because Hendo knocked his ass out.

Smokemonster site profile image

1/16/13 8:27 AM by Smokemonster

Love Hendo, but idk if he can work Machida the way he wants to

Lazer MMA site profile image

1/16/13 8:18 AM by Lazer MMA

Ring rust and his knee can be an issue. If he's okay he can use the same plan Page used in rounds 1 & 2 Vs Machida and win this no question. Hell Machida was told he'd get a shot and he was 2-3. It's not an end all situation; however, putting Evans before Hendo who had only beat Tito in 2011 (Vs Hendo who beat Fedor, Shogun & Babalu in 2011) was F'in screwage (again - and in hind site may have been more screwage then Hendo can overcome). Likewise putting Sonnen before him is major screwage to Hendo as well.

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz site profile image

1/16/13 8:02 AM by iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

you mean like he did against Feijao? or Fedor? Anderson? Rich Franklin? Paulhares? Rampage? Vitor? Hendo uses his wrestling in fights. He uses his standup in fights where he feels he is better in he standup and with power like that... he can do it.

tonytr site profile image

1/16/13 5:45 AM by tonytr

He won't beat Machida anyway. Maybe if he utilizes his wrestling for once, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT site profile image

1/16/13 4:54 AM by Anderson Emelianenko GOAT

Machida will be the first to TKO Hendo : (

fightharder site profile image

1/16/13 4:51 AM by fightharder

Should have gotten the shot. Now if he is able to beat Machida he should be the next in line for JBJ. Not sure if he will win but he has a bigger chance then most ( especially compared to Belfort chances).

FTS site profile image

1/16/13 2:33 AM by FTS

Hendo beating Jones? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! What a joke!