'Joker' Guymon suffers facial fracture, broken jaw at Bellator

source: mmamania.com

Savant Young knocked "The Joker" out cold at the 48-second mark of the second round in their 155-pound contest, which took on the preliminary portion of the fight card.

Unfortunately for Guymon, the finish did more than just rattle his brain; it caused several fractures to his head - four in the face and one in the jaw to be specific.

Guymon posted on his official Facebook page shortly after the event and explained the extend of his injuries.

Goodnight everybody... Thanks for the support

Update: have to stay the night in the hospital for observation.

The strike I took when I was out left me with 4 Facial Fractures and a fractured Jaw... Broken heat and face, Fml

Night

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

RYU Signature Tee LE

RYU Signature Tee LE

tags: Mike Guymon (detail)  Bellator 85

markus site profile image

1/19/13 6:58 PM by markus

i saw this fight live. guyman dominataed the first round. looked like he should of finished the fight with a lion kill choke. so when he did not finish, i just figured he was looking to log in some more rounds, for experiance.for the second round, savant landed a shovel type left hook. from up high in the stands, i could hear the leather of the gloves, and guymon hit the mat hard. like he lost his balance, and wanted to get to the ground fast. savant then threw that rt cross, and there was no doubt the fight was over.guymon handled savant with such dominance in the 1st round, that i think everyone was surprised by that 1 punch knockout. and no one knew he was unconscious.

Philosopher site profile image

1/19/13 6:03 PM by Philosopher

damn Mike got a lot of air when that punch landed... get well soon!

MattBenwa site profile image

1/19/13 5:04 PM by MattBenwa

To me it looked like the guy saw he was out and dropped the bomb anyway - I can't really respect that, but I'm not a fighter either and don't have any idea what's it like to be in the same position.

TheOne site profile image

1/19/13 3:33 PM by TheOne

Sucks he got hurt after he was out, but I'd put more blame on the ref. The referee was right there and had to have seen he was locked up and out, he should've stepped in. His opponent just fought til the end.

tatooedMillionaire site profile image

1/19/13 2:41 PM by tatooedMillionaire

I thought he retired after he got rolled in his ufc fights.. Didn't he admit he didn't have the desire to compete anymore? I remember him smiling and being all happy after getting submitted in one of his ufc fights. I guess he didn't take as much damage in his ufc run as I remembered. Hope he has a speedy recovery..

GayGuardMooseSaucy site profile image

1/19/13 8:14 AM by GayGuardMooseSaucy

Agrees, but the refs gotta jump in and stop it when he hits the ground. Fighter should fight until told to stop, that's their job. Ref has to do their part.

Doc T site profile image

1/19/13 8:11 AM by Doc T

He just went running in with his hands down...

Krs10KO.com site profile image

1/19/13 8:02 AM by Krs10KO.com

Agree :-)

artesuavesam site profile image

1/19/13 7:53 AM by artesuavesam

I always respect a fighter more when they don't follow up with unnecessary blows. Joker was CLEARLY out here. :-(Get well soon Joker! :-)

Nick Fury site profile image