UFC President: Rampage should go where he's happy

source: mmamania.com

"I don't know [if Saturday will be Jackson's last UFC fight], we'll see what happens," White told MMAmania.com at Wednesday's UFC 158 press conference (watch it in full here) in Montreal. "I mean I got to answer this question the way I answer all ‘Rampage' Jackson questions. You never know where you are with the guy, you know, if you ask me, do I think we've treated ‘Rampage' Jackson well? I think we've been great to ‘Rampage' Jackson. Financially, personally, professionally and every other way you can be cool to a guy."

"It's one of those deals where me and Lorenzo [Fertitta] love what we do, we love being involved and we love doing great things and growing the sport, making guys more money, doing all the things that we've done over the last 13 years, but at the end of the day, any job you have, I don't care what you do for a living, you have to be happy with what you're doing and be happy with the people you're doing it with," he said. "And if ‘Rampage' isn't happy with us then what are we going to do? The guy needs to go somewhere where the people make him happy."

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

TheKidAintMine site profile image

1/24/13 7:07 PM by TheKidAintMine

Yup

DoomFarmer site profile image

1/24/13 6:57 PM by DoomFarmer

He doesn't have the work ethic to wrestle.

Nothing2 site profile image

1/24/13 6:56 PM by Nothing2

Rampage has it right. The UFC is bad for fighters and the fight game.

Nothing2 site profile image

1/24/13 6:55 PM by Nothing2

The issue is that White and the italian mafi screws the fighters (out of money), while implementing policies of favoritism.

Nothing2 site profile image

1/24/13 6:53 PM by Nothing2

What kids?

fightharder site profile image

1/24/13 4:47 PM by fightharder

Rampage needs to start pro wrestling ASAP.   I think the best move for him would be to move to Bellator.The level of competition in the light heavyweight division there is still very managable for him for a couple of year and he could combine it perfectly with some pro wrestling and a few side projects he wanted to work on for ages.   I personally like Rampage a lot but his best fighting days are l gone. Hewas good in the  UFC but never great. He did beat Chuck (pretty much destroyed his career because it was only downhill from there for Chuck) for a second time but his style of fighting was already a lot less appealing then in his Pride days. And he did take the scalps of some big names either still in there prime (Machida,Hamill) or at the end of their careers (Wandie,Chuck, Hendo....to he is arguable far from finished). But he had some weird loses,he looked pretty horrific in Japan and he always had a big problem with the training camps and making the weight.   I rather see Rampage do his thing in Bellator,where he can bring back those slams against perhaps somewhat lesser competition and enjoy the fuck out of himself mock battling with king Mo at TNT wrestling then seeing him outshined and worked in the UFC.   PS his japanese girl is fine as fuck but not nearly as sweet as big Nog crying girlfriend....but perhaps i am just a sick bastard lol.

inf0 site profile image

1/24/13 10:16 AM by inf0

heaven?

Zekolas site profile image

1/24/13 9:27 AM by Zekolas

Can someone explain the issue Rampage has being in the UFC? From what I read he says he liked pride but they were not trust worthy and screwed him over, then goes on to talk about how the UFC always upheld their contract and never did that.Then goes onto say he wants out of the UFC because they don't want him to "win".To me the UFC promoted him well; put him on TUF; gave him the big fights, helped him with his legal matters ect.

Lazer MMA site profile image

1/24/13 9:24 AM by Lazer MMA

Door is open if he chops Glover IMO, and I always thought so. This is the $$ fight for Page and 1st on TRT. Page should chill if he wins as IMO many fans will want him in the UFC.

sacredhate site profile image

1/24/13 9:20 AM by sacredhate

great that Dana didn't bring up the fact that he personally flew to orange county to help rampage after he drove into a pregnant woman.i can't fathom how a man can say he's being disrespected or treated poorly.as far as i'm concerned if you fly across the country and bail me out of jail you get a few freebies in the respect department.