Rampage: I might just be like Gary Goodridge

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson left the UFC on a three-fight losing streak, without a clearly explained road map of future plans.

Before the co-main event fight with Glover Teixeira, Jackson expressed confidence.

"It's going to be the UFC's loss and not my loss," said Rampage. "Because I can go to any organization on the planet and have a successful career. "When I leave the UFC I'm just going to move onto the next chapter in my life and try to remain positive and happy."

There remains the possibility that he will re-sign with the UFC.

"I don't know," said UFC president Dana White at the post-fight press conference when asked whether Rampage would be back in the Octagon. "We'll see how this thing plays out and see what happens."

Post fight, Rampage struck a more somber tone.

"I don't know if I can compete with the top people," he said to FUEL TV's Ariel Helwani. "It's my first time I've lost three fights in a row. I'm not going to give up. I'm going to go back to the drawing board and work on everything. I feel like I can come back if I set my mind to it, but right now if anyone picks me up, that's my marketing pitch -- hey I'll put on a great show for you."

"I think that this is my reality and I have to see what's next. I've been fighting for 13 years and the game has changed a lot. I might just be one of those fighters that come in and excite the crowd -- be like Gary Goodridge. One of those guys who just comes out and puts on a great show. Gary Goodridge is a great ambassador for the sport and he taught me a long time ago that it's all about the show. I'm just going out there and try to entertain the fans. I'll be one of those middle range fighters. If someone wants to pick me up and somebody is going to put on an exciting fight for the fans."

While Goodridge was and remains an enormous fan favorite, he has been strugglng valiantly with Dementia Pugilistica, the effects of a career as a gate keeper in the highest ranks of kickboxing and MMA.

Transcription by MMAMania.

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

KZTT_W85 site profile image

1/28/13 6:14 AM by KZTT_W85

Yep

Y2JB site profile image

1/28/13 5:50 AM by Y2JB

Neither Rampage or Glover looked anywhere near Elite on Saturday night. Jones could have fought them both on the same night and wiped the floor with them.It's hard not to feel a bit sorry for athletes when they tip over the hill but Rampage has made himself impossible to like over the past couple of years.

LBH_RN site profile image

1/28/13 1:25 AM by LBH_RN

I'll say it...I don't think any of his fights have been that entertaining since his redemption over Wandy. He couldn't finish Hamill...His fight against Rashad was terrible. idk how he won a decision over Machida. Jones picked him apart (i'll let that one slide). But get real...he hasn't really done jack shit since 08 other than pass by on name value.

Wasa-B site profile image

1/28/13 12:47 AM by Wasa-B

I thought Rampage went out respectfully and knew that if Glover had trouble finishing Moldonado, Rampage could make this a fight. It wasnt that much of a fight but respectable enough imo.

RampageFitsLikeAGlove site profile image

1/28/13 12:30 AM by RampageFitsLikeAGlove

Ya I give him a pass on that one time missing weight too.  He said he spoke with Dana/UFC weeks out (Dana didn't deny it) about his injury and Dana said they needed him for the Japan card.  So yes, he could have pulled out and never missed weight in 42 fights and pissed you guys off more for him backing out on short notice, or missed once in 43 fights but fight injured and still show up to fight.

Kanabull site profile image

1/28/13 12:23 AM by Kanabull

I guess if you expect him to pull out of the match.If not. How do you expect him to make weight with a knee injury?

themmaexpert site profile image

1/27/13 11:40 PM by themmaexpert

Don't you have anything better to do with your life? Jesus man sounds fing pathetic.

TexDeuce site profile image

1/27/13 11:32 PM by TexDeuce

Silverball site profile image

1/27/13 10:53 PM by Silverball

It sucks watching guys like Rampage and BJ Penn becoming victims of their own stubborness. Yes, they're older, but last night's fight was totally winnable for Rampage regardless of whether he's past his prime or not.

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear