White: Weidman vs. Silva 'more possible than people think'

UFC president Dana White met with top contender Chris Weidman last week, and on Tuesday's edition of UFC Tonight, White revealed that the unbeated Wiedman could be facing UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva after all.

"I think that fight's closer and more possible than people think," said UFC president Dana White. "I actually thought Weidman was going to be out a lot longer than he was because of his injuries. But, he's healed up pretty well and he's going to be ready to start training again in a couple months."

"We're looking at a couple different options right now, some options that we like. And Weidman is one of them."

How possible do you think the fight is? And why?

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

Bisping decisioned my SN site profile image

1/31/13 2:55 AM by Bisping decisioned my SN

Anderson will be an old man by then. I want to see the fight now or it's not even going to be close. People don't realize how good Weidman is. No vision or eye for talent. All you go by is who someone has beat. I guess it's his fault he's only ever beat everyone thrown in front of him. Silva just wants the easiest paydays at this point. I would like to see the champ challenge himself instead of these bullshit fights with middle of the road guys who aren't in his weight class tailor made for him. Real mma fans should want this fight.

Bisping decisioned my SN site profile image

1/31/13 2:47 AM by Bisping decisioned my SN

This is exactly how I feel. Cung Le would get eaten alive. Short fight

Bisping decisioned my SN site profile image

1/31/13 2:43 AM by Bisping decisioned my SN

I don't know how any real true Mma fan isn't Interested in this fight. Silva will have his hands full.

Bisping decisioned my SN site profile image

1/31/13 2:40 AM by Bisping decisioned my SN

I don't think so. Weidman is going to really really test Anderson. If he doesn't completely dominate him he is going to hurt him. I'm willing to bet no one says he's over hyped after silva squeaks out a win if any. Weidman is a terrible terrible matchup for silva. He will take him down early

nolabrum site profile image

1/31/13 1:27 AM by nolabrum

?

mijo site profile image

1/31/13 1:15 AM by mijo

Weidman beats any real contender, and I will start calling for the fight,but Weidman has done nothing to deserve the shot.

savage animal site profile image

1/31/13 12:44 AM by savage animal

John Morgan posted an interview with Rashad over at mma junkie tonight, where Rashad echoed the sentiments I figured he would re: Silva next being a possibility. He shot it down for the very reasons I questioned the prospective fight, but not before adding something along the lines of " it would be bittersweet because I like him as a person and as a fighter, but I know Id beat him."

SOO72 site profile image

1/30/13 7:47 PM by SOO72

Let's make a fight between Anderson and Justin Bieber.. he's into MMA and is a HUGE draw. Can you imagine the money Anderson would make on that fight!

crozbomb site profile image

1/30/13 7:19 PM by crozbomb

^that might be the stupidest thing I've every read

picasotrigger site profile image

1/30/13 4:18 PM by picasotrigger

Jones won't take the fight at 205, never... he won't take a lighter catch weight either... I see this fight happening at a 210-215 catch.