Rampage: The UFC didn't treat me right

source: tmz.com

"I didn't retire from MMA, " Rampage said ... adding, "But as of now ... I've left the UFC."

He continued ... "The UFC didn't treat me right. I don't like the way I was treated there."

So what pissed him off? Rampage says he was screwed out of cash ... and he feels betrayed over a deal involving Rampage action figures.

Jackson says he's hungry to sign a new deal with a rival MMA company so he can forget the UFC for good -- but he's contractually obligated to wait a month after his last fight until he can sign a new deal.

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Affliction Horror Business Shirt

Affliction Horror Business Shirt

tags: Quinton Jackson (detail)  video

UGCTT_MMArijuana666 site profile image

1/31/13 3:28 PM by UGCTT_MMArijuana666

I miss the old Rampage and wish the new one the best.

JerodR site profile image

1/31/13 2:02 PM by JerodR

Rampage has a 100% legally binding contract. He can demand that the numbers be challenged if he is due percentages of the PPV dollars. The UFC has paid above and beyond the base rate of guaranteed pay that was on his contract. IF Rampage had any truth to his story, he would be challenging the UFC in court not complaining to any reporter that will give him microphone time.Tell your lawyer to collect your money from the UFC if there is any truth to it, or go have a Red Bull and play some Halo. Rampage has a great side to his personality and is a legend in MMA. This running of his mouth with no actual basis for it is going to do nothing than hurt the legacy which he worked so hard to build.

dueri7 site profile image

1/31/13 1:42 PM by dueri7

this has probably been said but Rampage and his management are entitled to ask for the real numbers, and I am 100% sure they did to make sure they were getting their money. If they didnt ask for it, it is their fault and rampage should blame his team and not the UFC.

lifeaftrprison site profile image

1/31/13 7:19 AM by lifeaftrprison

I sign a contract with a client who wants exclusivity with a product they make for me. And for them to offer me this contract I am asked to relinquish my other deals and only use their product they make. We discuss this in length as I feel the outside product is better and I am earning royalties on said product. They leverage me to only use their product so I agree. Once I do this they go to my contact and company they said I must leave and commission them to make the same product instead of making it themselves. Now I had a deal with that company which is gone , I'm not getting royalties any longer and the company which asked me to leave them to grow their division is using them too instead. I'm out tons of money and feel cheated. That's what I gather happened and its a tactic many large companies do to smaller companies (fighters are independent companies ). Not saying he's right , if he wanted the deal with the UFC that was a stipulation they asked for. But it's a side of business which can be viewed negatively. Now if they went to that vendor after all then gave him some royalties would have been the way it should go in a moral world. But it's a business world and that ain't smart business.

stonepony site profile image

1/31/13 5:13 AM by stonepony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-IBlue name please?

MTH site profile image

1/31/13 12:45 AM by MTH

Dammit--you're right. I . . . I'm sorry. Would it help if I admitted I am (or I guess "must be") a "Zuffa zombie"? I'll try to go lighter on the rationality and heavier on the paranoia and conspiratorial leanings in the future. Again--apologies.

FinestScotch site profile image

1/30/13 9:57 PM by FinestScotch

Well Slampage, you'll never have to worry about your PPV cut again.   Trolololololololol trolololo

Leghound site profile image

1/30/13 9:00 PM by Leghound

Can't wait to see if his reality check becomes a reality bitch slap

CindyO site profile image

1/30/13 7:18 PM by CindyO

Cindy

theGunt site profile image

1/30/13 7:05 PM by theGunt

Please take your rational, well written, sensible prose elsewhere. You are not welcome here.

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear