Maia: I hope to submit Fitch in the first minute

by Josh Gross | source: espn.com

"My dream is to take the fight down in the first minute and submit Fitch,” Maia said. “That's my dream and I hope it comes true."

If that happens, which would be unexpected even in light of his immense grappling ability, Maia would solidify his status as a top-five welterweight, and would appear a win (or two at the most) away from locking up a shot at the welterweight belt.

"The last time I didn't realize how hard it was to get there, and how big it was," Maia said. "If I get another chance [at fighting for a UFC belt], I understand what it means to be there.

"First, I need to win this fight."

TapouT Fang Mouth Guard (2 Pack)

TapouT Fang Mouth Guard (2 Pack)

Bad Boy Carbon Rashguard Shortsleeve

Bad Boy Carbon Rashguard Shortsleeve

nolabrum site profile image

2/24/13 12:44 AM by nolabrum

I sent you my email via PM on this cite. Once again I apolagize for the mix up, it was 100% my fault.

nolabrum site profile image

2/24/13 12:44 AM by nolabrum

caseharts site profile image

2/24/13 12:37 AM by caseharts

Ya sorry he didn't tell me that he had that message. I went to those threads and apologized I'm really sorry dude. People have just welched on me and it's very upsetting. Thanks for not tucking. And again I apologize

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide site profile image

2/24/13 12:34 AM by BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide to nolabrum Feb 7 (16 days ago) Hey man, that's a good idea. But what I'm gonna do is send you the money, and you can do with it what you like re. charity etc. I already give to a few worthy causes, so maybe with the winnings you can do something good. You sound like a genuine guy, which is cool. And ye, we'll have to make another bet on a future event again : ) What's the email address linked to your PayPal account mate? nolabrum to BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide Feb 3 (20 days ago) Hey Man I was thinking instead of paying me the $$. YOu can just do something nice for a homeless person or a person in need that lives close to you. I would prefer it be somebody you dont know. You can do anything from spend the amount of cash you owe to me on meals for several homeless people. Or you can buy a kid that doesnt have much a present. All I ask is that you post pictures on MMA.TV and we can consider your debt paid. I think we both win this way. I posted the new screen name on the thread we made our bet in. It was my pleasure to bet against you, it was in good fun. I will give you an opportunity to make your money back on some other fight card. Hit me up if you have any questions.

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide site profile image

2/24/13 12:28 AM by BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

'woah woah, I been waiting on this guys fucking paypal details for ages. I don't blame you for forum stalking me Caseharts, welching on a bet is weak. But chill out. nolabrum I don't care that you bad mouthed me, a bet's a bet please send me your paypal details... as requested ages ago... Was wondering where all these fuckin vote downs were coming from...'

nolabrum site profile image

2/23/13 4:37 PM by nolabrum

I sent him a message, my bad and thanks for trying to help even though I was wrong.

MmanBearPig site profile image

2/23/13 4:36 PM by MmanBearPig

I got Fitch by dec

caseharts site profile image

2/23/13 4:35 PM by caseharts

Lol go apologize for me now I look like an ass. Sorry buy the ticket

nolabrum site profile image

2/23/13 4:34 PM by nolabrum

I just PM'd him again. I then checked my read messages and 15 days ago he sent me this: Hey man, that's a good idea. But what I'm gonna do is send you the money, and you can do with it what you like re. charity ...I never read the message or saw it on my inbox. I want to appolgazie to BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide here publicly for saying he ducked. I was wrong, I didnt see his message and Didnt get a chance to reply. Since I fucked up and tarnished his name o this thread I think it's only fair I consider his debt paid. My bad

caseharts site profile image

2/23/13 4:25 PM by caseharts

Pm them Again make sure they got your message.

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear