Rashad: I'm going to miss Rampage

MMA HEAT's Karyn Bryant talked with Rashad Evans just prior to UFC 156, and got his thoughts on the apparently departed Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

"I'm going to miss Rampage man," said Evans. "I'm going to miss him a lot. He was a great talent.

"And the sad part for me with Rampage is I don't think he ever realized how talented he was, you know? And that's one thing I wish that he would have realized how talented he was. I hope that he rediscovers some things for himself and find out that he is all fighter ."

"He needs to be fighting on the biggest stage right now, and that's with the UFC, you know, and I hope that him and Dana and the UFC make up and he comes back. I would love to see him compete again he's one of my favorite fighters, he's one of those fighters who inspired me to start training, so for him to come back and to really rediscover the fighter that he is and realize the potential, for me it would be great."

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

tags: UFC   Rashad Evans (detail)  Rampage   Quinton Jackson

fightharder site profile image

2/4/13 9:14 AM by fightharder

I currently am missing the old Rashad.   Jesus christ wtf happened to that dude. Did the put something in the water at the Black Zillians or something. He fought absolutely abysmally. I was frankly shocked by how bad Rashad performed. He did absolutely nothing.His striking was lacking,his did not use any kicks and his wrestling was almost non exsistant. Rashad needs to screw his head back on straight and seriously look at the training that he is doing because he looked like he was enjoying the highlife a little to much.   I think he is a cool classy dude but he seriously needs to step his game up otherwise he will go the same route of Rampage.

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch site profile image

2/3/13 8:54 PM by Billy Joe Rottoncrotch

That may or may not be true.But regardless, I still hold fighters accountable for how they choose to promote themselves in the media--be it during interviews or reality TV shows.Can't say it didn't reflect his personality in some way.Same thing with Chael.People say it's just an act, but even if that's true, he's still willing to say things and conduct himself on camera in a way that other fighters aren't.Can't just give him a pass on everything he says because it's supposedly an "act."

vaginal tear site profile image

2/3/13 8:51 PM by vaginal tear

Black zillions.

TheFapMaster site profile image

2/3/13 8:50 PM by TheFapMaster

That season (and the drama between Shad and Page) was completely fabricated to promote the fight. What you saw edited for television, wasn't the real Rashad Evans. Thought everyone pretty much knew that.

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch site profile image

2/3/13 8:49 PM by Billy Joe Rottoncrotch

Beg your pardon?

RileyPust site profile image

2/3/13 8:45 PM by RileyPust

He just wants Rampage at the BZ.

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch site profile image

2/3/13 8:44 PM by Billy Joe Rottoncrotch

Ironically, it was the TUF season against Rampage where I really started to not like him.Thought he acted like a complete tool on that show.But I give him credit for this.

kingjames100 site profile image

2/3/13 8:43 PM by kingjames100

Rashad needs to go back to diggin' in dat ass.

Batarnaque site profile image

2/3/13 8:40 PM by Batarnaque

Yeah ? well, I miss Rashad being an exciting fighter. Last night was the worst UFC fight of 2013 so far by a LONGSHOT. We all started laughing hysterically when Rashad appeared dissapointed by the judges decision. I actually find this inexcusable. He'll never fight Silva, and that's a relief by most accounts.But yeah Rampage will be missed... but he'll come back when he realized the grass isn't any greener anywhere else. I'd bet on that all day.

Barbalos site profile image

2/3/13 7:51 PM by Barbalos

Rashad is a talker. One minute he's talking shit next minute he's singing praise. Same as Chael.Won't miss Rampage's constant complaining.