Lamas: I should be next in line

"He stole 'Knockout of the Night' from me, and then he had to send that text out," Lamas today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio).

"That text" is a message relayed by White during the post-event press conference for UFC 156, which took place this past Saturday at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

"I'm kind of sitting here like, 'What am I, a mirage?' That's exactly what I tweeted Dana White, actually," Lamas said. "I'm just sitting here trying to figure out where I fit in in all of this."

Today, Lamas stressed he would wait for Aldo for six months if asked to by the UFC, or he would take the title shot in three months. He also said he would take a main event or co-main event if the promotion decided to skip over him. But that's clearly not what he thinks is the right thing to do.

At featherweight, he should be first.

"I've put in the work at 145 pounds," Lamas said. "I've done everything I need to do, and I should be next in line for that shot."

Venum Joseå© Aldo UFC 163 Corra Fight Shorts

Venum Joseå© Aldo UFC 163 Corra Fight Shorts

Venum Team Aldo Shirt

Venum Team Aldo Shirt

xXJayRobXx site profile image

2/7/13 1:54 AM by xXJayRobXx

Lol Lamas needs to get together with Hendricks and Henderson and picket.

NorthFromHere site profile image

2/7/13 12:47 AM by NorthFromHere

Well no one is talking about JBJ vs Cain but we would like to see it, right?

epwar site profile image

2/6/13 5:24 PM by epwar

Not a single fan was talking about Aldo vs. Pettis until they announced it.  Great fight, but screws over the contenders.

JeffersonDArcyChoke site profile image

2/6/13 5:15 PM by JeffersonDArcyChoke

This reminds me of a Married With Children episode in the grocery store where Marcy complains to Al that she was next in line after he butted ahead. His response?You still are. You still are next, Lamas. You still are.

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch site profile image

2/6/13 1:16 PM by Billy Joe Rottoncrotch

Looking over his record, Lamas definitely has a legitimate gripe about this.But at the same time, I'm starting to get really tired of fighters who don't bring any "WOW!" factor to the table publicly complaining about not getting title shots.The fans want to see what the fans want to see.Do something out of the ordinary in your next fight or deal with it.

daba site profile image

2/5/13 8:18 PM by daba

I'd say Pettis and KZ are ahead of Lamas.

bearockbrobama site profile image

2/5/13 8:16 PM by bearockbrobama

Pettis / Aldo is epic. Get the fights while you can flamers

tonytr site profile image

2/5/13 8:04 PM by tonytr

The reason Lamas isn't getting the shot is Korean Zombie. Those two are on equal footing and should fight each other to decide who's next after Pettis.

Bucephalus site profile image

2/5/13 5:23 PM by Bucephalus

Pettis already beat the LW champ. He should have the right to choose 145 or 155 title shot.

GoodnightWorld site profile image

2/5/13 5:21 PM by GoodnightWorld

That's exactly right. It shoves all the FW fighters who have been doing their job back into a new line; where names count and stats are irrelevant. Here's a name for you, though: Clay Guida. Exactly.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!