Greg Jackson, Frank Shamrock join Bellator reality series

by Jeff Cain | source: mmaweekly.com

At a Viacom press conference in Santa Monica, Calif. on Tuesday, Bellator MMA announced the details of its upcoming reality show that will air on Spike TV.

The reality show is dubbed “Fight Master: Bellator MMA” and will feature four coaches: Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock, Greg Jackson, and Joe Warren.

The reality show will be similar to “The Ultimate Fighter” that aired on Spike TV through 14 seasons.  It will feature 32 aspiring welterweights competing in a tournament format for a six-figure payday and a slot into a future Bellator tournament.

Century CREED MMA Training Glove

Century CREED MMA Training Glove

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

Kings21 site profile image

2/6/13 11:03 PM by Kings21

I refer you to when Jon Fitch didnt want to sign over his likeness for the UFC video game and his whole camp was banned from the UFC for like a day.

camozzi site profile image

2/6/13 10:30 PM by camozzi

good post. Yes had I not have been injured I like to think I would have won TUF. Winning TUF gets you a lot of endorsements and a 6 figure contract. It allows you a little financial security to begin your career and build in the UFC. Im not hating on this new show, it will just be interesting to see how it all works out

camozzi site profile image

2/6/13 10:27 PM by camozzi

yes. I can fight every few months for the most part as long as im healthy. I have friends and training partners with Bellator and say you lose the first round of the tournament its a long time before the next one. My time for the title will come and Im fine with working my way up over time. It allows me to get better each fight

HexRei site profile image

2/6/13 10:01 PM by HexRei

According to Unca Dana structured tournaments aren't worth holding in the UFC because their ladder to the title is already more or less the same thing (except of course it's decided on the fly by UFC brass). And had you not been injured you may well have gone all the way thru TUF anyway, right? And then ended up where you are now, except with a guaranteed contract and whatever accolades come from winning TUF.

PrettyBoy site profile image

2/6/13 9:50 PM by PrettyBoy

Would you rather be in a format where you can fight endlessly without a direct route to the title?

Ramsey site profile image

2/6/13 5:01 PM by Ramsey

Is it now the standard for any org not called the UFC have Frank Shamrock work for them?

Nick Fury site profile image

2/6/13 11:31 AM by Nick Fury

Fight Master? Gate Keeper? Sounds like something out of a Ghost Busters movie.

camozzi site profile image

2/6/13 10:56 AM by camozzi

With that being said... I don't really care how the show goes and I'm glad I don't have to fight in a tournament to get into another tournament

camozzi site profile image

2/6/13 10:46 AM by camozzi

The guy is made for TV. He's hilarious and actually a pretty good coach and motivator in practice.He may not be the best in the corner but he has great MMA wrestling and he can hype anyone up lol