Manager: Tate deserves as much credit as Rousey

by Steven Marroco | source: mmajunkie.com

"If Ronda is the reason why Dana (White) decided to do the women's division, then Ronda gets the credit for it," Malki Kawa told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "But Muhammed Ali was nobody without (Joe) Frazier. I think Ronda is nobody without Miesha.

"If it wasn't for that Tate/Rousey beef, I don't think we have a women's division. So I give just as much credit to Miesha as I do Ronda."

Rousey, who this past December was crowned the inaugural UFC women's bantamweight champ, is set to defend her title against Liz Carmouche in the headliner of UFC 157, which takes place Feb. 23 at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

Tate, meanwhile, fights Cat Zingano at The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale on April 13 in Las Vegas.

The former rivals still reside under the same promotional umbrella, and Kawa thinks a rematch is inevitable.

"Miesha knows her role in this business," he said. "She knows that women's MMA is right now on Ronda's back. It could be back on hers with one or two victories. I think she has as much a part of it as anybody."

Jaco Women\'s Patriot Crew Shirt

Jaco Women's Patriot Crew Shirt

TapouT Women\'s Everyday I Fight Shirt (Breast Cancer Awareness)

TapouT Women's Everyday I Fight Shirt (Breast Cancer Awareness)

Mike Russell site profile image

2/14/13 5:12 PM by Mike Russell

Ali Abdel-Aziz from Dominance MMA punched Malki after 150. http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/416318/Report-Edgars-manager-punched-Hendersons-manager-in-the-face

Bentleysuper8 site profile image

2/14/13 1:50 PM by Bentleysuper8

The "pre-fight beef" was as one sided as the fight. Rhonda even punked Tate's BF. I give her very little credit.

Ben Saunders site profile image

2/14/13 5:39 AM by Ben Saunders

Perfect Strangers no way!!!! Thats so old school i cant believe i know what it is! Lol#Awesome Post!

Arecsa site profile image

2/14/13 4:30 AM by Arecsa

Ariel's recap of the incident was:"If you're wondering what the brouhaha was during the presser, I'm told Frankie's mgr @alidominance and Bendo's mgr @malkikawa got into a scuffle. Not sure who won, but I'm told it was the opposite of the main event, if you catch my drift. For whatever it's worth, Ali and his team say he punched Malki in the face. It seems like they didn't like what he had to say after the main event, although, I'm not quite sure what was said."Malki deserves a much worse beating than whatever he got. Scumbags like him do not belong in MMA.

BeatonHauff site profile image

2/14/13 2:53 AM by BeatonHauff

What the fuck, did that asshole just compare rousey and tate to ali and frasier? HAHAHAHA

Utah get me two site profile image

2/14/13 1:55 AM by Utah get me two

It's clear who Miesha gets her delusional nature from. Good lawd.

CindyO site profile image

2/14/13 12:58 AM by CindyO

Wait, what??? Details please.   Cindy

Hikikomori site profile image

2/13/13 11:58 PM by Hikikomori

ali dominance (sp?)edgars managerhes featured prominently in danas vlogs before 156.

MMA apparel and training equipment
BLACK FRIDAY