Riddle 'pissed off' about fighting in London 'ploy'

by Steph Daniels | source: bloodyelbow.com

You know, last time I went to England, a lot of factors played in. I got sick on the flight there, blah blah blah, got jet lag, got spit on ... just not a good experience. This time around, things are looking better. I'm already on weight, I'm in great shape, and I got the flu two weeks ago, which also helped me get my weight down. Now that I've gotten all that out of the way, I feel pretty good and I feel confident.

I would have to say it's hostile territory, especially for a guy like me. They don't like me, especially after that one press conference, they really don't like me. When Joe Silva called me up and asked me to fight Che Mills in London, honestly, I said, 'I don't want to go back to England unless I fight Dan Hardy.' He said he would give me Dan Hardy if I beat Che Mills in London, so I agreed to take this fight. On the other hand, I see that Dan Hardy is fighting Matt Brown like a month and a half after I'm fighting Che Mills, and there's no way he'll take a fight with me after that. I think it was just a ploy to make me sign a contract and get back to England so I can get spit on again, so I'm a little pissed off [laughs].

Me and Joe (Silva) have a great relationship. I don't have a manager, so me and Joe talk directly. We never have disagreements or anything, so when he said he really wanted me to fight in London, I told him what happened the last time. People spit on me, they called me nasty names, the water sucks, the food is horrible, I just don't want to go. He said, 'OK, Matt, what can I do to make you go?' I was like, 'Give me Dan Hardy and I will do it.' He said 'OK', and that was that. Thing is, I know Matt Brown is gonna knock Dan out, so why would I even want to fight him after that fight, anyway? It was kind of a slap in my face. Maybe he doesn't see it that way, but that's how I look at it. Obviously we'll still do business together, but I guess the point of all this is that I'm hurt by it. I would be lying if I said I wasn't hurt.

I was a little upset when I saw that they had signed the other contract, especially the time. If it was like the week before or after my fight, I wouldn't care, but it's almost two months after I fight, which means Dan isn't gonna want to train for another fight for another four months, even if he does win. I'm just gonna have to fight somebody else in the meantime, after I beat Che Mills.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat site profile image

2/17/13 3:38 PM by BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat

Everyone come eat some riddle flavored crow! Deep waters too much for Che nills

MysteriousNinjaFromMars site profile image

2/15/13 7:09 PM by MysteriousNinjaFromMars

Che will knock him out, and dan would knock him out. The guys a bum.

newjack900 site profile image

2/15/13 5:09 PM by newjack900

Riddle get a manager just for reasons like this - you shouldn't be thinking about this type of shit a few days before one of, if not THE, biggest fight/s of your career. There's a difference between businessmen and guys just trying to make the best decisions for themselves. Don't take it so personally bro. Sucks the way it is, but that's Business.

3rdLion site profile image

2/15/13 1:45 PM by 3rdLion

Yup.And the "weed keeps me from beating my kids" statement, that's the reason we don't like him.

wink91wink site profile image

2/15/13 1:29 PM by wink91wink

It's one thing to talk when you have a big fight coming up, but he just keeps saying ignorant things. "My KO was the best in TUF history, I broke the guys jaw." You also punched the guy 5 times after he was clean out. Stuff like that doesn't need to be said and not many people will agree with him.

RobinVanRooney site profile image

2/15/13 12:50 PM by RobinVanRooney

Really really hop Che puts it on Riddle tomorrow, he is paranoid from the kush.

Crooklyn site profile image

2/15/13 12:48 PM by Crooklyn

Thanks for posting UG Blog

Master Bater site profile image

2/15/13 11:32 AM by Master Bater

he talks childish shit and then wonders why the people on THAT level of understanding take offence at it?? the majority of people in london (outside of the little pockets of the middle class suburbs) are not nice people, and dont think twice about fucking up a guy who talks shit. this hollywood hype a fight shit flys over the head of the 90% of drugged up crazies that live in london...its not a game to them, they dont "Get it"p.s i am London born and bread... and no, not the nice parts... the very un-nice parts. i know what these people are like

RedDragonUK site profile image

2/15/13 11:20 AM by RedDragonUK

First of all I think the spitting is disgusting! Kick "fans" out that do it. Riddle is a kid with a mouth that runs away with him. I dont think hes a bad lad hes just narrow minded and insulting.If he expects respect from the English he should show some and not run his mouth.

AshleySchaeffer site profile image