Marquardt in vs. Ellenberger at UFC 158

Nate Marquardt will meet Jake Ellenberger at UFC 158.

The former Strikeforce welterweight champion fills a spot left vacant by Johny Hendricks, who was tapped to meet onetime UFC title challenger Carlos Condit when Rory MacDonald was forced to withdraw from the event due to injury.

Marquardt returns to the octagon two years after failing to receive medical clearance to headline UFC on VERSUS 4 against Rick Story, which prompted the promotion to release him. Later, he revealed that a regimen of testosterone-replacement therapy caused his scratch from the event. He got a second chance with the Zuffa-owned Strikeforce and later returned to the UFC when the promotion was shut down.

Read entire article...

Headrush Carlos Condit UFC 171 Walk Out Shirt

Headrush Carlos Condit UFC 171 Walk Out Shirt

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Il Duce site profile image

2/20/13 4:26 PM by Il Duce

I see a tentative boring fight out of this one. I love both fighters and their go forward styles, but Jake looked gun shy, afraid of gassing or getting KO'd again against Heiron. Nate is making his big UFC comeback on the heels of a loss and another loss will kick him way down the ladder. Both play a tactical game trying to remain patient while waiting for openings is how this could play out. I hope not because these guys monsters, but I fear this outcome. I really liked the Ellenberger Hendricks matchup. Two wrestle-boxers with huge KO power, like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. I think Hendricks would have forced Jake into a brawl.

pidgey site profile image

2/20/13 12:58 PM by pidgey

havent Nate's legs got damaged a lot against Tarek?I hope Nate didnt get strong armed by Joe Silva into taking this fight even though he hasnt healed yet.

Bill Pharoni site profile image

2/20/13 12:23 PM by Bill Pharoni

What this really shows is just how stacked the top end of the WW division is.

Cityboy site profile image

2/20/13 11:52 AM by Cityboy

Man, 170 just got very interesting. 6 months ago, there were little to no contenders. Now there are about 5 guys who could contend for the belt in the next 6-12 months.

bhealthy site profile image

2/20/13 11:49 AM by bhealthy

MARQUART by KTFO

Gene Pitney site profile image

2/20/13 1:34 AM by Gene Pitney

Mcdonald vs WoodleyMaia vs ShieldsFitch vs Story

Gene Pitney site profile image

2/20/13 1:26 AM by Gene Pitney

Woodley was calling out Rory after his last win, so I wouldn't be suprised if they booked Rory/Woodley for either May or June...

303 site profile image

2/19/13 10:46 PM by 303

Nate is going to surprise a lot of people.

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT site profile image

2/19/13 10:45 PM by Anderson Emelianenko GOAT

I thought Marqardt underperformed against Tarec, I hope he beats Bacon and gets back on track.

AceAtGSU site profile image

2/19/13 10:40 PM by AceAtGSU

The most interesting outcome would be Condit and Marquardt winning, would really throw a monkey wrench into things I think. I do not see it as being out of the realm of possibility either.