Rousey: I'm in Cyborg's head

"I really don't see the sense in it at all, especially since Dana said he would let her fight in Invicta and would pay all the bills and her purse and everything," Rousey said. "So I think it's just a plea for attention and an attempt to try and stay relevant. I mean, [Santos] hasn't had a recorded win in over three years. The fight that she picked up is a chick that I beat in 26 seconds while I had nine stitches in my foot from a pit bull bite three days before. My mom hit me with a text the day that they announced that, and she was like, 'Unless she walks in and hits her and the other girl explodes, I'm not going to be impressed.'

"I don't know what [Santos] is really trying to prove in this fight because it's not going to prove anything."

"Believe me, she wakes up every singe morning thinking about me, and that's going to make it impossible to hold on to any kind of gameplan the day we do fight," Rousey said.

UFC Women\'s Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

UFC Women's Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

chalkandcheese site profile image

2/21/13 10:08 AM by chalkandcheese

Change your name to Soreass when she loses.

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio site profile image

2/21/13 9:33 AM by UGCTT_ScarecrowRio

As much as "yes, I agree" comes to mind, the idea that if they do not talk about the other causes the other to claim the other is their bitch and afriad to talk about them. Its high school talk at this point, social war comes first for them.

SamboMMA site profile image

2/21/13 8:47 AM by SamboMMA

Surely they are both in a position where they can tell the interviewers that they are not interested in talking about each other. The only reason the media keeps asking Rousey about Cyborg is because they know she is completely stupid and will say something ridiculous. Basically the media is using her for the LOLs and she hasn't figured it out yet.

Herman Munster site profile image

2/21/13 8:11 AM by Herman Munster

No one forces her to the take bait.  How you ask....?  Follow the example of a real champion and a real professional.  That GSP she likes to ignorantly shit talk, has shown time and time again how to handle the media when you have an opponent, and they can't stop asking about someone like Anderson.  When it comes to being a professional GSP puts Ronda to shame in so many ways.  Ronda needs to grow up and learn how to behave like a champion and a professional.  Such amature hour we get with her persona.  So not worth buying into this shit for $60.00 PPV. Deal with it.  Cyborg is in her head, and always will be, because deep down Ronda will always know that she ducked her.  When Ronda is starving after she's finished her one meal for the day, she knows Cyborg is the reason why she has to force herself to fight at 135 and fight way smaller chicks.

Nucky site profile image

2/21/13 8:08 AM by Nucky

Cyborg would mop the floor with Rousey and she knows it thats why she never said anything in the media about lets do catchweight fight like the fucking UFC doesn't do catchweight fights......

Don_Dada site profile image

2/21/13 8:05 AM by Don_Dada

Cyborgs not the one with a fight on Saturday, if anything it's vise-versa.

Steve4192 site profile image

2/21/13 7:48 AM by Steve4192

How is she supposed to NOT talk about Cyborg when there is a swarm of reporters that follow her every move asking her questions about Cyborg every damn day?  Her media duties with Zuffa include humoring those dolts and answering their inane questions.

Herman Munster site profile image

2/21/13 7:26 AM by Herman Munster

The fact that Rousey can't stop talking about Cyborg so close to her fight coming up, only eludes to the fact that it is Cyborg that is in her head.

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever site profile image

2/21/13 7:25 AM by ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever

'' the day we fight''Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't cyborg in invita because they can't agree on a weight to fight at? This being tge case, the that day will never happen ronda, sorry

flipmode site profile image

2/21/13 6:56 AM by flipmode

Yes we get it, you're a girl Cindy, you don't have to keep reminding everybody...