Son of noted MMA trainer thwarts abduction attempt in Texas

Jason Schirmer, son of renowned MMA coach Bob Schirmer, thwarted an abduction attempt last week in San Antonio, TX.

Witnesses say be alert and be warned: a woman was nearly abducted in broad daylight.

They say a woman was grabbed off the sidewalk and pulled into a pickup truck last week near Bitters and Blanco on the north side – just down the road from schools that have also seen attempted abductions.

"She could have gotten molested, abducted or left somewhere,” witness Jason Schirmer says.

He says last Monday, he was taking a break from his job as a graphics designer.

"I heard screaming very loud,” he says.

He ran toward the screams and says he saw a woman in her twenties caught in some sort of a struggle with a man driving a red pickup truck."I thought he was abducting her,” Schirmer says.

So he says he didn’t think twice before leaping into action.

"I just grabbed him by the shirt,” Schirmer says. “I put the bone of my elbow into his throat."

He says the driver got scared and hit the gas.

"The girl was hanging by where the mirror is,” Schirmer says.

But both Schirmer and the victim got away.

He told News 4 Crime Tracker Specialist Gilbert de la Portilla don’t the Clark Kent glasses fool you – he has Superman skills.

"I've been doing cage fighting, jujitsu, judo and wrestling my whole life,” Schirmer says.

De la Portilla says the training made the difference.

"He practice, practice, practices what he does and with confidence so he knew what he was capable of doing,” de la Portilla says.

But not everyone has a martial arts background. Still, there are plenty of things ordinary people can do to be good witnesses.

"Observe what you see,” de la Portilla says. “Get a good description of the vehicle. Try to get a license plate."

He recommends victims do whatever they can to quickly get out of the dangerous situation – even if it means leaving behind a cell phone, purse or other replaceable items.

De la Portilla says both victims and witnesses need to get good descriptions of suspects, including tattoos, piercings, and even bite or scratch marks.

Schirmer’s coworkers are calling him a hero. He’s just grateful he was in the right place at the right time.

"It looked like something not good was about to happen so I tried to help her,” he says.

Read entire article...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Tatami Multi Flex NO GI Fight Shorts

Tatami Multi Flex NO GI Fight Shorts

MMAWarehouse.com 13 inch Vinyl Transfer

MMAWarehouse.com 13 inch Vinyl Transfer

tags: Bob Schirmer   Jason Schirmer   video

bonerfart site profile image

2/26/13 5:02 PM by bonerfart

Congrats to Jason! Fuck yeah!

COMBATDO site profile image

2/26/13 4:50 PM by COMBATDO

I have four daughters that at times are dressed up, in fact my wife was always impecably dressed she looked awesome each and every day running a million dollar business. Your crazy assumption that they should make lip stick and nailpoilish illegal shows a very narrow mind. Men should act and be gentleman! My son stepped up because he was taught to man up no matter what.

Attila site profile image

2/26/13 4:19 PM by Attila

Hell yeah. Congrats on raising a hero, Master Bob!

D241 site profile image

2/26/13 1:56 PM by D241

I believe that the true culprit in this situation is the behavior of young unsaved women who dress like harlots wearing clothes that look like they are painted on. When they go out walking down the street, many passersby think they are women of the night. This man, as sinful as his behavior may have been, may well have just been shopping for companionship. Several actions can be taken to avoid this type of activity in the future. First of all, fingernail polish and red lipstick should be outlawed. Also, women should not be out walking down the street unaccompanied; that is just asking for trouble. I believe that if the citizens of this city were to return to godliness and a chaste lifestyle, we would not see these lurid headlines every morning.-Pastor Bob

fapout site profile image

2/26/13 1:50 PM by fapout

awsome!

I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies site profile image

2/26/13 1:50 PM by I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies

That was me... makes perfect sense if you think about itNo it doesnt

I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies site profile image

2/26/13 1:49 PM by I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies

Hell yes, what a hero

Krs10KO.com site profile image

2/26/13 1:46 PM by Krs10KO.com

TTT

Willie Makitt site profile image

2/26/13 1:40 PM by Willie Makitt

Damn those unsaved women walking by themselves, who do they think they are. But seriously kudos to your son, there are a lot of people out there who would just stand idly by, you should be a PROUD father.

Willie Makitt site profile image

2/26/13 1:38 PM by Willie Makitt

LOL, according to PasterBob in the comments this could possibly have been avoided if only red lipstick and nail polish were illegal.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!