Lombard: I'd love to face Silva, but know I have to earn it

"I would love to face him (Anderson Silva) one day, but to fight with Anderson Silva is not enough just to want. I have to earn it, and I have not yet earned it. So not worth talking about it." - Hector Lombard via Sportv

Former Bellator reigning middleweight champion, Hector Lombard, discusses the possibilities of facing the UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

War Wrap Ez Rip Sports Tape

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Matrix Sleeve

klabo site profile image

2/28/13 12:15 PM by klabo

Lombard is 32-1 in his last 33 fights... He hasn't earned it? Idiot

OnlyTheStrongSurvive site profile image

2/28/13 9:53 AM by OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Okami did dominate him. He outwrestled him, he outboxed him and he outgrappled him. Just your methodical Okami performance. It was only a split decision because of Cecil Peoples.

Anderson's BBC in my Goku site profile image

2/28/13 9:44 AM by Anderson's BBC in my Goku

okami and munoz

Anderson's BBC in my Goku site profile image

2/28/13 9:42 AM by Anderson's BBC in my Goku

How did u reach te conclusion noone cares about the Weidman fight? One indicator is check how many threads there are on here and Sherdog about Anderson and weidman. Compare that to Anderson and Lombard. Not even close. Compare Weidman to Lombard on trends and social media. Not even close. Then go Check every single ranking in the universe. Not even close. Your turn.

OnlyTheStrongSurvive site profile image

2/28/13 9:28 AM by OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Rewatch what fight? It hasn't happened yet

danggook site profile image

2/28/13 9:24 AM by danggook

lol you don't have to earn title shots in the ufc anymore brah just talk some shit. if you earn it you'll probably get passed up by a better talker

orcus site profile image

2/28/13 9:21 AM by orcus

"Actually more people want the fight than Lombard." How did you reach that conclusion?

Anderson's BBC in my Goku site profile image

2/28/13 9:08 AM by Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Actually more people want the fight than Lombard. It's just the Anderson nuthuggers who don't want ye fight for obvious reasons. Not to mention the fact even with a win Lombard will be ranked lower.

Anderson's BBC in my Goku site profile image

2/28/13 9:06 AM by Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Well stop sayin. Go rewatch the fight.

fightharder site profile image

2/28/13 9:01 AM by fightharder

Well he being a little more humble in the press. I  appreciate it a lot. It looks like he reassesed a bit after the lose against Boetsch.   I personally still think Okami is going to win the fight. While Lombard is a freak human being,a great judo practisioner and he has decent hands with big power i think Okami hands are slightly better and he will be able to stiffle Lombard.   As for the Silva fight,i guess it would be sort of fun to see. Still Lombard is easier as an opponent then Weidman for Silva. But if they cannot make the JBJ vs Silva fight i do think they will give him the shot next. They have to recoup something of  big investment they made in Lombard. Though perhaps they give the shot to the winner of Rockhold vs Belfort and they match up Lombard with the winner of Bisping vs Belcher.   If Okami wins though does he get a titleshot again?