GSP: I despise media duties, Diaz HAS to do it

Nick Diaz was reportedly GSP-title-fight/" target="_blank">'really close' to losing the GSP title fight at UFC 158 after no-showing media duties, the same thing that caused him to be pulled from a title fight with GSP at UFC 137 in 2011.

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre was recently asked at, ironically, a media event at TriStar Gym in Montreal, about his thoughts on Nick Diaz failing to fulfill his media duties.

Q. With your opponent Mr. Diaz and his not fulfilling his media commitments, are you concerned at all about him, and maybe if they change the fight or...?

Georges St-Pierre: No they have to, we have to go and do the fight. It's unbelievable. He has to do it, he's going to do it. I don't think he's stupid. He has to do it. It's the chance of his life, he's going to make a lot of money.  You have to do it.

I can't think about it. I cannot think about him not doing it.

Q. Does it bother you that he's not doing it and you are?

GSP: Oh yah, of course, because it's not fair. I lose my time. I don't like doing this. I'm talking to you guys, like seriously, I despise it… I like you guys but I DON'T LIKE DOING THIS, you know?

It's not you that I don't like, it's that basically, for people who know me, I've been saying the same thing 50 time, every week, you know? Blahblahblahblah it's like a computer in my head, and I don't like, but I have to do it, it's part of my job.

Every job is not perfect and I have to do it. I have to do it. So he has to do the same. Otherwise it is not fair.

So what do you think UG? Is it fair?

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

tags: UFC   Nick Diaz (detail)  GSP   Georges St-Pierre (detail)  video

wooden shjip site profile image

3/2/13 12:51 PM by wooden shjip

Nick is messing with Georges like Miyamoto Musashi.

crumbs site profile image

3/2/13 11:36 AM by crumbs

How dare GSP complain about such a model employee like Diaz!!! He answered a question truthfully, what else is new, this guy admits he's scared when he steps into the cage. The funny part of it is, the media won't even react the same way some UGers are, they know they are annoying, they even lead GSP to the path of his answer, about them being annoying. Nick avoiding countdown crew, and putting on a circus act involving his lawyer, and eventually forced to do his media rounds, isn't the same as "nick did complete his media obligations, just like GSP"(not to mention Doaz already did this to GSP before)Diaz's antics are hilarious to me, but GSP has all the right to answer question NOT brought up by him, about Nicks awesome employability skills.

NotImpressedByYourScreenName site profile image

3/2/13 7:13 AM by NotImpressedByYourScreenName

Yes true, and if he wins the belt he'd better expect the extra attention that comes with the extra pay.But Diaz gets more noise got fights by not showing up to pressers and being the bad guy so its quite the conundrum...

maantren site profile image

3/2/13 7:08 AM by maantren

I fully accept that being a high-profile (and highly paid) UFC fighter means knuckling down and doing a lot of media to promote your events, yourself, and the UFC. You don't want to do it, get used to being on the prelims or cut. Having said that, most people have no clue how absolutely soul-destroying it is to do media rounds. You get asked the same few questions literally hundreds of times. You deal with people who are either fawning phonies or clueless assholes. And you constantly get put in positions where people are trying to make you say or do things that intrude on your privacy & personal space. If you're not an extremely disciplined, naturally extroverted person, it's a f**king nightmare. Yup there's a big paycheck behind it for these guys. But don't underestimate how much it sucks.

Tolai site profile image

3/2/13 6:58 AM by Tolai

GSP was obviously asked the question and answered it honestly which is refreshing... He didn't bring the matter up... Maybe u should stfu

Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan site profile image

3/2/13 6:50 AM by Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan

God damn it I love augsepicht's posts sometimes.

Jill Laz site profile image

3/2/13 6:45 AM by Jill Laz

It's true he gets paid more however, isn't that what Nick wants more money he made that clear over and over so to get it he has to put himself out there

ausgepicht site profile image

3/2/13 6:42 AM by ausgepicht

He's complained once, you're just obviously a hater....probably a BJ fan with sour grapes. You know what would be peachy keen? If you took your own advice and shut the fuck up. Have a nice day!

ChaosOverkill site profile image

3/2/13 5:30 AM by ChaosOverkill

My god the stupid Cindy spews.

tapman site profile image