Stephens signs new 4-bout contract

UFC featherweight Jeremy Stephens has re-upped his contract with the UFC for four more fights prior to his UFC 160 bout against Estevan Payan.

Even though he is on a three-fight skid, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight turned featherweight Jeremy Stephens has signed a new four-fight contract with the organization.

Mixed martial arts (MMA) journalist Damon Martin of Bleacher Report tweeted the news on Friday (March. 1, 2013).

While the length of the contract was released, the financial terms remain unknown.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Under Armour The Original Boxerjock 3in Trunk

Under Armour The Original Boxerjock 3in Trunk

Roots of Fight Gracie vs Kimura Shirt

Roots of Fight Gracie vs Kimura Shirt

Herring In A Fur Coat site profile image

3/4/13 4:44 PM by Herring In A Fur Coat

You should change your name to Cpt Obvious.

ChaosOverkill site profile image

3/4/13 4:42 PM by ChaosOverkill

Yeah more and more it's obvious the Fitch cut was personal. COngrats to Jeremy tho

FedorEmilioEstevez site profile image

3/4/13 4:41 PM by FedorEmilioEstevez

Can you let us know the details of the contract with regards to his job security if he loses? I'd be very interested to check it out.

mmavixen site profile image

3/4/13 4:38 PM by mmavixen

Congrats Heathen! He always comes to fight!  Awesome.

NotImpressedByYourScreenName site profile image

3/4/13 12:01 PM by NotImpressedByYourScreenName

I'm genuinely happy for Stephens but what's the methodology here to being signed or cut??If you arent top 10, lose 3 in a row and miss a fight cos you got arrested you get re-signed;ButIf you are top 10, lost your last fight by dev to a top 5 fighter but won your previous fight and got FOTN you get cut? WTF??Fitch must be pulling his hair out...

Lahzerous site profile image

3/4/13 11:51 AM by Lahzerous

Feel better?

Dr Doom site profile image

3/4/13 11:47 AM by Dr Doom

I am terribly sorry to have upset your noble sensibilities Lahzerous.But I'm not wrong. Just like I wasn't wrong when I said Joe Rogan is biased and the commentary team of Anik/Florian is bad. Everyone already knows that.Are you upset with me or upset with reality?I like Jeremy Stephens and would be happy if he was guaranteed 4 more fights. Honestly. Just pointing out that this is almost certainly not the case.Unlike others on here, I do not shill for Zuffa. I don't like fighters - the guys who entertain us - being shafted just so billionaires can line their pockets some more. But hey, I guess that makes me negative in the eyes of the pathetic sycophants who inhabit this forum.

Lahzerous site profile image

3/4/13 11:32 AM by Lahzerous

So far all 3 of your post you have made this morning in threads have been negative. Go back to lurking please.

Dr Doom site profile image

3/4/13 11:29 AM by Dr Doom

4 fights if he wins, not if he loses.Remember how these Zuffa slave contracts work.You think if he gets knocked out 3 times and is 0-6 they are gonna give him a 7th crack just for shits and giggles?