Henderson vs. Evans targeted for UFC 161

by John Morgan |

Additionally, former light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans (17-3-1 MMA, 12-3-1 UFC) could face ex-PRIDE and Strikeforce titleholder Dan Henderson (29-9 MMA, 6-3 UFC), White said, adding Henderson was awaiting medical clearance.

Winnipeg becomes the fifth Canadian city to host a UFC show.

Evans looks to end a two-fight losing streak after dropping back-to-back decisions to current light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Nogueira.

He had flirted with the idea of a potential move down to middleweight in recent months but instead will likely face Henderson, who dropped a close split decision to Lyoto Machida last month at UFC 157.

The bout was the first in 15 months for Henderson, who missed out on a promised title shot with Jones while he recovered from a knee injury in 2012.

Clinch Gear Pro Series Fire Shorts

Clinch Gear Pro Series Fire Shorts

Jaco Rashad Evans Suga Shirt

Jaco Rashad Evans Suga Shirt

UGCTT_FryedTakayama site profile image

3/6/13 4:04 PM by UGCTT_FryedTakayama

You can also add Pat Barry vs Shawn Jordan to the list

bigjabroni site profile image

3/6/13 4:02 PM by bigjabroni

Renan Barao vs Eddie Wineland Dan Henderson vs Rashad Evans (pending Hendo getting medical clearance) Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Mauricio “Shogun” Rua Jake Shields vs Tyrone Woodley Soa Palelei vs Stipe Miocic Krzyzstof Soszynski & Roland Delorme are also expected to fight on the card.I'd guess about 5 more fights (not including Rolly & Krzyzstof) to come.

theppfftt site profile image

3/6/13 2:49 PM by theppfftt

our little MTS center will sellout fast for this one im sure. would like to see what the rest of the card is like.

Greenup site profile image

3/6/13 5:15 AM by Greenup

War Hendo!!!

Shouldhavebeen site profile image

3/6/13 4:59 AM by Shouldhavebeen

I love this fight but I am highly concerned about Hashad's decision making. I predict a wrestle-fuck. While it is true that Hendo's credentials for wrestling, on paper, look better, I believe that age and athleticism give Hashad the advantage, and that he will abuse this for a secure win.If Hashad doesn't come out and tell us directly that he wants to throw hands, I simply do not care about this fight.Hendo was robbed of Glory in his last fight, and I'll be god damned if I entertain another foe who refuses to fight like a fucking warrior.

sodagoespop site profile image

3/6/13 4:50 AM by sodagoespop

Evans is so disappointing to watch, so much talent wasted trying to be a point fighter.

beanouno site profile image

3/6/13 4:35 AM by beanouno

If Evans looses a boring fight do you think he'll be cut?

I AM A MOFO site profile image

3/6/13 4:21 AM by I AM A MOFO

Extremely interesting match up, and I fucking hate it.Big fan of both and won't kno who to cheer for, which always makes a fight less tense to watch when you don't really want a particular fighter to win.For predictions I'd probably lean Rashad via wrestling heavy performance. Hendo as always has a solid shot at the KO early on though.

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT site profile image

3/5/13 11:56 PM by Anderson Emelianenko GOAT

Hollywood wasn't tentative against Machida, he just couldn't hit him. it was a bad match up for Hendo