Rashad Evans: I support gay marriage and gay rights

“I've never been a homophobe, never understood what that is all about. I knew some people who were gay and never cared about their sexuality. But at the same time, I didn't fully understand the issues around gay people until my friend BA started telling me about his full public support for gay marriage. We talked about the issue and I decided its not enough to not be against a minority, if you want things to go better for them you have to speak up with them.

“I'm a UFC fighter, a macho-type sport. I am a heterosexual guy in a tough macho sport, which is exactly the reason I feel a duty to say I support gay marriage and gay rights.

“I have nothing to gain personally from supporting this issue, and that's the point. Society as a whole is better when there is equality, and I want to live in a country where everyone has the same rights because we all benefit from that.

“What people overlook is that is isn't a sex issue, its a love issue. There's no justifiable reason for trying to get in the way of two people who love each other.

“I have kids. I don't want them growing up in a society where they, or their friends, could be second class citizens based on which person they fall in love with or who they want to be happy with.”

Jaco Rashad Evans Suga Shirt

Jaco Rashad Evans Suga Shirt

Jaco Logo Shirt

Jaco Logo Shirt

tags: Rashad Evans (detail)

Jive Turkey site profile image

3/13/13 7:08 PM by Jive Turkey

Seriously, man. From the bottom of my heart. You need to pick up a book and try to actual learn something about the subject because you sound like a complete retard

HexRei site profile image

3/13/13 6:59 PM by HexRei

Not necessarily. Just because I don't know for sure doesn't mean I'm about to buy into your crazy mythology lol

ridge hand site profile image

3/13/13 6:58 PM by ridge hand

more living gods share their infinite wisdom with their creationdo you know all seen and unseen, present and future, spiritual, emotional and physical consequences, if any, that result from engaging in homosexuality, both to the practitioners and to society?you couldn't possibly have a clue, for dust thou art (Gen 3:19)only? God? who created all could possibly know and convey these to his creation:But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. (Mark 10:6)Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for...unholy and profane...for them that defile themselves with mankind (1 Tim. 1:9-10)it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the Lord thy God, and that my fear is not in thee (Jer. 2:19)For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. (Rom. 1:26-27)Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. (Exod. 34:7)Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (Jude 1:7)neither...effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind...shall inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Cor. 6:9-10)

ridge hand site profile image

3/13/13 6:46 PM by ridge hand

and where did the glycine come from?either God created everything, or everything accidentally created itselfever see a tornado accidentally assemble a ferrari?In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Gen. 1:1)For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse (Rom. 1:20)The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt (Ps. 14:1)

PorkBelly site profile image

3/12/13 3:54 PM by PorkBelly

Made the mainstream newshttp://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/03/ufc-gay-rights-rashad-evans/62973/

ender852 site profile image

3/12/13 3:25 PM by ender852

NASA scientists have discovered glycine, a fundamental building block of life, in samples of comet Wild 2 returned by NASA's Stardust spacecraft. "Glycine is an amino acid used by living organisms to make proteins, and this is the first time an amino acid has been found in a comet," said Dr. Jamie Elsila of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. "Our discovery supports the theory that some of life's ingredients formed in space and were delivered to Earth long ago by meteorite and comet impacts." "The discovery of glycine in a comet supports the idea that the fundamental building blocks of life are prevalent in space, and strengthens the argument that life in the universe may be common rather than rare," said Dr. Carl Pilcher, Director of the NASA Astrobiology Institute which co-funded the research. NASA Researchers Make First Discovery of Life's Building Block in Comet

ender852 site profile image

3/12/13 3:21 PM by ender852

for sure, morality and religion are not mutually exclusive. empathy for other people is about the best thing we can hope to achieve as a society, treat others like you yourself would want to be treated.you should not want to rape and murder people because it is wrong, not because you are afraid of being punished(here on the earth in prison or after you die in some fictional hell).

Zaph site profile image

3/12/13 2:14 PM by Zaph

It's amazing to me that this kind of rhetoric still exists in 2013.

Jive Turkey site profile image

3/12/13 2:14 PM by Jive Turkey

And does it keep you up at night that the only thing stopping you from murdering is the bible? What a sad fucking thought

MMA clothing and gear