Junior dos Santos vs. Mark Hunt at UFC 160

MMAfighting's Ariel Helwani has the breaking news!

A day after UFC president Dana White said Hunt turned down a fight against Junior Dos Santos at UFC 160, "The Super Samoan" got the fight he wanted following a phone conversation with White Thursday night.

As a result, Hunt will now meet dos Santos on May 25 in Las Vegas.

An ecstatic Hunt called the opportunity "my title shot." Hunt, who denied ever directly turning down the opportunity, was pleased with the outcome of the call, as was White.

Hunt enters the bout riding a four-fight winning streak following his knockout of Stefan Struve last Saturday night, while dos Santos is coming off a heavyweight title loss to Cain Velasquez in December.

Read entire article...

Jaco Resurgence Fight Shorts

Jaco Resurgence Fight Shorts

MusclePharm Battle Fuel XT (160 capsules)

MusclePharm Battle Fuel XT (160 capsules)

KingofBJJ site profile image

3/11/13 12:05 PM by KingofBJJ

If JDS comes to fight the same way he did against Cain, Hunt will be the decider.Otherwise, I will give this fight to JDS because I don't expect Hunt to be in the same class of fighter.

mikethecricket site profile image

3/10/13 8:07 PM by mikethecricket

Awesome fight.I'd love to see Hunt win and become champ, but I feel like JDS has gotta be a huge favourite.

bjjkwong site profile image

3/10/13 7:41 PM by bjjkwong

Exactly^ I do not think Big Country's stand up is close to Hunts

BJs Pen site profile image

3/10/13 4:42 PM by BJs Pen

Needless to say I'm excited!!!!!!http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/colbert.gifBlue please

Chiron site profile image

3/10/13 4:15 PM by Chiron

Someone's getting knocked out.

jettdogg site profile image

3/10/13 3:34 PM by jettdogg

Hunt wins this.

GARRYD site profile image

3/10/13 3:19 PM by GARRYD

Mate you have been posting on here for as long as i have ,i dont believe for one second that you believe that Hunt has better Cardio than JDS lolI think its a tricky fight for JDS ,more so than reem to .Got JDS outboxing hunt for 5 rounds tho .

titoscared site profile image

3/10/13 2:53 PM by titoscared

I can't believe some believe this is an easy fight for jdsHunt showed good wrestling I dont believe JDS wants to go to ground anyway.One Hunt one two combo will drop JDS like a sak of taters.I can see JDS possibly winning a decision after a wicked war but cardio is suspect for both.All I know is Ima watchin!!!

Tehunamatata site profile image

3/10/13 1:21 PM by Tehunamatata

The whole JDS has better "mma striking" argument is only valid if he threatens with takedowns like cain but jds hardly ever does he even stands fairly upright.I hope he wants to test his "elite" boxing against hunt we will all find out how good it is

beanouno site profile image

3/10/13 10:42 AM by beanouno

Mark hunt can throw more than an over hand right.