Gracie: Diaz should be 'respected' as a martial artist

"I know these guys are great mixed martial artists, and I think that's the point Nick was trying to make," Gracie said. "He deserves this fight as a martial artist and that's very important to him. And, a lot of people, Nick expresses himself a little bit differently than some, so, it's kind of hard to follow if you're not used to that. But I think what he's trying to say is that he should be respected as a martial artist and so forth and that's why he's actually going to be in this fight.

"It's not because of way he portrayed him as a bad guy in these videos as he was portrayed to hype the fight up,"Gracie continued. "I think he wasn't too pleased with that. So I really don't think he was trying to put GSP down. He was trying to clarify himself. But, you know, like I said, Nick expresses himself a little bit differently, and then you've got GSP whose English is not a first language, so it became kind of funny as it spiraled out of control a little bit, and these guys started to get angry a little bit."

Metal Mulisha Hidden Shirt

Metal Mulisha Hidden Shirt

Metal Mulisha Westsider Shirt

Metal Mulisha Westsider Shirt

tags: Cesar Gracie   Nate Diaz (detail)

chaplinshouse site profile image

3/12/13 1:58 PM by chaplinshouse

cesar is the worst mgr / friend / role model of all time.  if u can't mentor / manage / advise properly cuz your friend needs you, do it because he's your money machine?  people say nick is a dummy but his mentor manager is only good at training him and collecting his money

fightharder site profile image

3/12/13 7:55 AM by fightharder

Everybody respects his as a martial artist. The dude is talented as fuck.   But why can't Caesar talk with him a little bit so that he can make a coherent statement once in a while. Media training is usally something to be avoided with professional athletes. With Nick Diaz this is clearly not the case. Come on Caesar,protect your boy a little for his own sake. He comes across as a total dummy while this is clearly not the case and these types of situations are avoidable.

6ULDV8 site profile image

3/12/13 7:47 AM by 6ULDV8

I love Nick Diaz.   He's just awesome.

Dmoney35 site profile image

3/12/13 5:57 AM by Dmoney35

everyone respects Diaz for his fighting skills it's all the other stupid shit he does that pisses folks off. he loses respect because people see him wasting such amazing gifts with poor life choices. Very frustrating for fight fans.

RampageFitsLikeAGlove site profile image

3/12/13 1:57 AM by RampageFitsLikeAGlove

Aint nobody got time for that.

Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan site profile image

3/12/13 1:56 AM by Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan

If I knew who you were, or, even worse, gave a shit, I would respect your favorite fighter, bro

kinson site profile image

3/12/13 1:49 AM by kinson

Ok. Agree to disagree. I've never thought nick was a poor fighter. Just don't agree with the way he conducts himself sonetimes. I believe respect needs to be earned and in my opinion nick hasn't earned it.

kinson site profile image

3/12/13 1:46 AM by kinson

?Not sure how to respond.

kinson site profile image

3/12/13 1:46 AM by kinson

I can respect that. Well said.