Diaz ditches open workout, UFC President not happy

White was a guest on the Jim Rome show today and he made it seem like it was a surprise to him that Diaz didn't show up for the open workouts.

"I literally just found out Nick Diaz did not show up for the open workouts today in Montreal....Let me tell you what, there is no shtick with this kid, I mean it's - he's just a different animal man, he's absolutely hard to deal with."

A fired up White also made a bit of a vague statement about what will happen if Diaz fails to show up to tomorrow's UFC 158 pre-fight press conference.

"If he wins, you know, we are seriously going to have to have a ‘come to Jesus meeting,' you know what I mean? The guy is very, very hard to deal with, we'll see what happens. I got to tell you this, though, I leave tonight for Montreal. The press conference is tomorrow, I'm excited for the press conference and I'm definitely excited for the weigh-ins 'cause, you never know what you're going to get. Well, let me tell you what, if he does not show up tomorrow for the press conference, it is not going to be good. I don't know what I'll say or what I'm going to do, but I'll tell you what -- it will not be good."

So what happens if Diaz does go on to win the title? Would he continue to get away with his same old schtick? If White has his way, there would be an ultimatum.

"If he wins the title he's going to have to come to Vegas and we're going to have to sit down and we did this already when we signed his new deal, but I'm going to have to tell him, ‘If you miss anything, I will strip you of this title,' and you know what I mean? I don't know what else to do. I really don't know what else to do."

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

Metal Mulisha Split Shirt

Metal Mulisha Split Shirt

tags: Nick Diaz (detail)  Dana White

SoupCan site profile image

3/14/13 3:06 PM by SoupCan

Remember when everyone was saying that all the media shit was pointless, how about that press conference huh?

show no mercy site profile image

3/14/13 11:04 AM by show no mercy

you're wrong

crossfire site profile image

3/14/13 10:34 AM by crossfire

Couldn't agree more.

buckshot44 site profile image

3/14/13 10:29 AM by buckshot44

^^^  LOLZ

Porkchop site profile image

3/14/13 10:08 AM by Porkchop

cheesesteak site profile image

3/14/13 9:37 AM by cheesesteak

I apologize..............................It wasn't my fault

fightharder site profile image

3/14/13 9:11 AM by fightharder

That would seem really reasonable...   But we are all forgetting that Diaz actually complained about a lack of media attention on his last conference call. He also complained about a lack of money.   So i am afraid your perfect reasoning might not work on someone who is keeping it REAL.

fightharder site profile image

3/14/13 9:09 AM by fightharder

That is brilliant logic dude.....Lets all act like complete moron's,constantly,all the time and then hope that it will keep people interested in the long run.   If all the fighters acted the same way as Diaz did the UFC would have a serious fucking problem. The whole reason that they do these open workouts because fans actually appreciate the fuck out of them and it gives the press an easy way to access fighters. If everybody all of a sudden decided not to show up it would be a clusterfuck. But because Nick is special he gets to bail out of all the duties normal people have?   The dude obviously has anxiety issues. He obviously is not managed right and the people around him are obviously afraid to tell him the truth. How can someone bitch about not getting enough media attention and decide to skip on the open workout and the press when he is fighting the most important even of his life.   Does stating the obvious make you a sad,angry,ugly,redfaced brat now? Maybe all normal sane people should stop living in the normal work and start keeping it real like you and Nick Diaz do,keeping it real dumb that is.

awesomestprime site profile image

3/14/13 8:39 AM by awesomestprime

yes he could.I would bet my paycheck Dana would leave out the open work outs and all the media obligations.....But he'd also leave out a zero or two from the fighters payscale.Marketing and promoting the fights are how Zuffa makes money. If the fighters want to fight and not help promote? OK, but you only get to fight and get paid what fighters did before Zuffa made MMA what it is today financially. Fight and make SHIT for a paycheck.But you can't be a recluse and demand huge paydays and a cut of PPV. It's simple contract negotiations. Not rocket science. You don't want to do it? Ok.... negotiate it into the contract.

BummTschack site profile image

3/14/13 8:13 AM by BummTschack

Dana and Nick a come to Jesus meeting?Not sure if Nick gonna show up, but Vitor gonna be there for sure.

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear