Diaz, GSP comment after pre-fight press conference

After a heated pre-fight conference today, Georges St-Pierre and Nick Diaz both talked to ESPN about this weekend's match up and today's press conference:

Metal Mulisha Split Shirt

Metal Mulisha Split Shirt

Hayabusa Limited Edition Georges St. Pierre 16oz Gloves

Hayabusa Limited Edition Georges St. Pierre 16oz Gloves

Sticht site profile image

1/2/14 3:34 AM by Sticht

Great 1234

CaptainWoody site profile image

3/14/13 8:09 PM by CaptainWoody

later

OGT site profile image

3/14/13 7:40 PM by OGT

Lol....not news nick smokes, hes done it his whole career and has been popped twice. SN bet on the drug test?

The Nastyness site profile image

3/14/13 5:14 PM by The Nastyness

Ok, I don't know how anyone hasn't asked this yet...is GSP wearing pink lipstick? I mean, he's got a pretty mouth...but still.

Rambo John J site profile image

3/14/13 5:12 PM by Rambo John J

Zed Wayne Zed site profile image

3/14/13 4:43 PM by Zed Wayne Zed

^ Don't forget the gang of keyboard warriors calling him, the UFC WW Champ, and a stud of a fighter, a coward.At a certain point, it is very hard to stay calm while people who couldn't make it through GSP's warm-up each morning, call him a coward.Really f'n bothers me.You don't have to like the guy, or enjoy his fighting style, but reading half-brains on here questioning him are sad, petty, and delusional.

Jive Turkey site profile image

3/14/13 4:38 PM by Jive Turkey

It was nice of this guy to ask Diaz all the exact same questions he was just asked moments earlier at the press conference that I assume this guy was at

MTH site profile image

3/14/13 4:34 PM by MTH

Man . . . GSP is not playing nicely anymore about media obligations. Back when Diaz got yanked from the last fight, GSP dropped a few mentions in interviews about how it's challenging and distracting, but he otherwise was his usual public self. This go around though, he's being overtly negative. Expressing quite a lot of impatience with interviewers, lots of short answers, and just a general willingness to allow interviewers to perceive his desire to be done with the interview. He was also kind of strange at the end of the presser--basically adopting Diaz's fight stance and appearing fairly bored. I wonder if he's having a tough weight cut, or is maybe starting to suffer some burnout. Whatever it is, it bodes well for a Diaz upset.

crossfire site profile image

3/14/13 4:18 PM by crossfire

Thanks

6ULDV8 site profile image

3/14/13 4:18 PM by 6ULDV8

I really like what GSP is saying too.  The UFC has made it.  It's made it big time.  It's imperative you put on the best possible fights you can.   They do an open workout 3 days before the fight. They do a press conference and interviews with the press 2 days before the fight. They weigh in the next day. They fight the next night.   That's too heavy man.  They're warriors, but human beings.  The word is already out there, growing it with the best possible fights you can put on is more important than growing it with live access to the media just before the fight.   Live access to the media just before the fight has to be worse than anything.  Every Tom, Dick, and Harry asking you the same questions over and over and over and over would drive me completely insane.     I'd seriously beat the shit out of one of them before I ever made it to the cage on fight night.   I don't know how anyone could handle being a huge celebrity for too long.  They present it as the dream, but for me it would be a nightmare.  Fucking creepos chasing you around with cameras and asking you the same stupid questions your whole life, and if you don't answer nicely every single fucking time you're a douchebag.   Well know what fuckos?  I'm a douchebag and fuck off with the same question I've just answered a hundred times.  I'm going to punch you in the face.   Wouldn't do it for a billion dollars.