Guillard not welcome to return to Jackson's MMA

Jackson's MMA ‏@JacksonsMMA
Despite Twitter Announcement, Melvin Guillard Not Returning to Train at Jackson’s MMA

Melvin Guillard recently announced via Twitter that he was returning to Jackson's MMA in New Mexico.

“I’m no longer a Blackzilian," tweeted Guilard. "I went back to where I belong Jackson’s."

However, "The Young Assassin” will not be granted access to train with the renowned camp. The decision was voted on by the entire team.

Guillard went 5-0 while under the tutelage of Greg Jackson and Mike Winklejohn. He then trained at both Jackson's and the Florida-based Blackzilians to prepare for his fight with Joe Lauzon at UFC 136. Following a loss to Lauzon, Guillard transitioned to the Blackzilian team, going 1-2.

Guillard does not currently have a bout scheduled with the UFC, and what camp he ends up at is unknown.

MMAJunkie has the details.

Two months before UFC lightweight Melvin Guillard announced via Twitter that he was returning to Team Jackson-Winkeljohn in Albuquerque, NM, the gym's leaders voted to keep him from doing so.

Guillard had inquired about a potential reunion through former teammates, who then passed word to the gym's administration. The vote was unanimous.

"The Young Assassin" had angered the team in interviews he gave about a move this past year to Florida's "Blackzilians" team, a source close to the MMA team told MMAjunkie.com.

Adding to concerns, Guillard has two outstanding assault charges against him from separate incidents in Albuquerque in 2010, records show.

"He's not allowed back here," said the source.

Read entire article...

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Affliction Sentient Shirt

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

tags: UFC   Melvin Guillard (detail)  Jacksons MMA

JeffersonDArcyChoke site profile image

4/1/13 2:06 PM by JeffersonDArcyChoke

Only most of the people who know you know you're a big Melvin fan?ALL of the people who know me know I'm a Melvin fan. Yeah. I just trumped your fandom and I raise you one full backpiece tattoo of Melvin Guillard

DaddyGorg site profile image

4/1/13 2:16 AM by DaddyGorg

Look at Melvin's face. Every feature. He's not evil. He's below normal in intelligence. Get off his case.

Kings21 site profile image

3/30/13 5:03 PM by Kings21

Sounds like he burned some bridges. Loyalty is great but when that loyalty gets taken advantage of its often just time to move on. Of course I'm not gonna sit here and pretend to know what happened between Melvin and Jacksons. I'm just another speculating fool. I just think that theres good sides to loyalty but theres also the part where when someone keeps fucking up or does something horrible. Again, not trying to suggest that Melvin did anything. The Diaz brothers and the Cesar Gracie team I think is a bad example because I've not heard much in the way of having loyalties tested apart from Diaz no-showing press confrences and few things like that. Minor headaches.

Jason Reinhardt site profile image

3/30/13 4:50 PM by Jason Reinhardt

what ever happened about guys thinking first about LOYALTY, and the repercussions of their decisions? I'm just sayin in general, and not gearing this towards Melvin, because often times Loyalty is a 2 way street and i don't know the back story regarding Melvin and Jacksons MMA. But i do know many guys need to have more Loyalty and not forget who helped form them to the fighters they are today. That's why i have tons of respect for the Diaz brothers and the Loyalty of the Cesar Gracie team.

Kings21 site profile image

3/30/13 4:48 PM by Kings21

I know that trying to rape someone and not being able to get it up is technically not raping someone but he did admit to participating in a rape and wanting to actually penetrate the girl. Same boat as far as I'm concerned.

defusion site profile image

3/30/13 4:43 PM by defusion

Cant blame Team JAckson telling him where to go!

man meets fate site profile image

3/30/13 4:27 PM by man meets fate

I have not seen one piece of evidence except a bunch of he said-she said to belive irvin is a rapist.Just sayin....

Mit site profile image

3/30/13 4:15 PM by Mit

Melvin cited his apparent physique as being one of the reasons he would prevail over a few of opponents. Making informed decisions may not be his strong suit.

2moves site profile image

3/29/13 9:16 PM by 2moves

Look at one of the very first seasons of the Ultimate Fighter and listen to Melvin talk about how great he is. Then listen to him now. Do you notice any changes? Probably not. He is still the same guy. Amazing potential but a lack of discipline. From the time of that show to now he could have developed a good ground game to go along with his striking. Did he?I have always enjoyed watching Melvin fight. But his game planning in the ring and outside of it leaves a lot to be desired and is the primary reason why he will probably always be a middle of the road kind of guy.

RampageFitsLikeAGlove site profile image

3/27/13 12:13 PM by RampageFitsLikeAGlove

Ya, to compare him to a rapist is absurd and out of line.  Per that article, I don't even see where it says women were involved in the battery.   It could be something as simple as a bar fight yet because it is misdemeanor charges, I doubt he even punched or hurt anyone.  He probably slapped someone and was charged.