Tom Watson: Most people in my division are on PEDs

UFC midddleweight Tom "Kong" Watson is coming off a TKO victory over Stanislav Nedkov at UFC on FUEL TV 7 in February, earning both “Knockout of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” performance bonuses.

Following the fight, while still in the cage, Watson made an impassioned statement against the use of performance enhancing drugs in MMA.

"You see the size of the man," said Watson, referring to Nedkov. "There is an epidemic in MMA right now - TRT. I want to call out anybody who is on testosterone, any drugs. Get in here and fight me next. All I've got is heart, this is all I've got."

Watson continued at the post-fight press conference.

"People can disagree with me all they want," said Watson. "I'm in the industry. I fight, and I see it. I don't know if it's me, but I look at guys and you can see which guys are on it. It's a problem that we're trying to deal with. That's why I said if you want to do it, you can't put it into your chin, and you certainly can't put it into your heart.

"That's the type of fighter I am – I've got a big heart. If you want to take drugs and you want to be a cheat, let me fight you and let's see what happens."

In a recent interview about who he might fight next, Watson expressed regret at what he identifies as an epidemic.

"It's difficult in my division," said Watson. "Because I think most of my division is on… stuff."

"I've got a few injuries to clear up. I haven't go testosterone to speed up my healing, so we'll see what happens."

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

tags: UFC   Tom Watson (detail)  Kong   video

fedor_saku_wand site profile image

3/29/13 3:44 PM by fedor_saku_wand

Yeah they should do it the old fashioned way.... knee downed opponents and spit at their corner men like Bisping, knee opponents in the nuts like Kongo, fake glove tap like Manny or Paul Kelly. Should I go on?What Americans are you talking about anyway? The only fighter Watson named was Wanderlei

fedor_saku_wand site profile image

3/29/13 3:39 PM by fedor_saku_wand

I get what youre saying but Im sure hes not really talking about guys like Forrest getting popped for xanax or Diaz for weed. Bonnar for Drostanolone is another story.

GARRYD site profile image

3/29/13 2:37 PM by GARRYD

Tyson Fury was right ...everyone is on it in the UFC !

SamboMMA site profile image

3/29/13 2:33 PM by SamboMMA

Considering you didn't see my post at the top of the page 2 I would say you did too.

DoubleBagger site profile image

3/29/13 12:16 PM by DoubleBagger

Watson vs Camozzi sounds good

zebers3 site profile image

3/29/13 12:12 PM by zebers3

Hmm, this could be a similar situation to how every politician that is outspoken against gay marriage ends up being the one actually sucking dick.Ergo, Tom Watson is probably roiding.

Jo'donnell-Davies site profile image

3/29/13 4:05 AM by Jo'donnell-Davies

Dolce diet

Dre Eastwood site profile image

3/29/13 4:02 AM by Dre Eastwood

Watson had one great fight but he is a never-will-be who is at the end of his career and talking a bunch of shit because that's what it takes for a guy like him to get a high-profile fight. Period. Isn't the dude like 38 or something? Of course he's gonna be talking mad shit. He's only got a year or two left to cash in on it. More power to him too.....in this new age where the ability to talk shit is as important as the ability to actually fight.

I_LOST_A_SN_BET_TO_LEGHOUND site profile image

3/29/13 12:41 AM by I_LOST_A_SN_BET_TO_LEGHOUND

I think you did lol

3rdLion site profile image

3/29/13 12:22 AM by 3rdLion

Yes he implied that Wand is on steroids currently, which is not too unbelievable considering Wand's usage in Pride (let's be real here). However Wand is not exempt from criticism despite his status as a legend, if he's a cheater then he's a cheater, simple as that.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!