Two important featherweight bouts added to UFC 162

Jose Aldo is the undisputed featherweight champion and is set to defend his belt against Anthony Pettis. After Pettis though, the featherweight picture should be a lot clearler as two additional bouts in the division were added.

A pair of key featherweight matchups have been added to July's UFC 162 event, as former UFC lightweight champ Frankie Edgar (15-4-1 MMA, 9-4-1 UFC) faces Charles Oliveira (16-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) and Dennis Siver (21-8 MMA, 10-5 UFC) meets Cub Swanson (19-5 MMA, 4-1 UFC).

UFC officials today announced the new matchups.

Another key matchup, possibly a number one contender bout between Ricadro Lamas and Chan Sung Jung had previously been announced.

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu I Got Your Back Shirt

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu I Got Your Back Shirt

Venum Amazonia 3.0 Fight Shorts

Venum Amazonia 3.0 Fight Shorts

jmont site profile image

3/29/13 1:22 PM by jmont

hes 1-3-1 in his last 5, he'll b lucky to keep his job if he losses

TheRealMrBeefy site profile image

3/29/13 11:30 AM by TheRealMrBeefy

Olivera needs to go for broke - against a super tough opponent in Edgar. I don't care what anyone says about Edgar, he is a tough fight for anyone in the LW/FW division. Its going to be really tough for Olivera to get Edgar on the ground, which is the only place I see him having a chance at winning this. Edgar will likely get a TKO/KO finish with this one.

UGCTT_FryedTakayama site profile image

3/29/13 10:57 AM by UGCTT_FryedTakayama

I'd like to see Frankie get a KO to get the haters who crticize his style off his back again.

GoodnightWorld site profile image

3/29/13 10:51 AM by GoodnightWorld

UFC--Bushido 1. Picks: Lamas, Cub and Francois.Hopes: Lamas, Siver and Chaz.

Pancake Syrup site profile image

3/29/13 10:43 AM by Pancake Syrup

I would like to see Oliveira win just to see what they do with Frankie

DamnSevern site profile image

3/29/13 10:42 AM by DamnSevern

bit harsh.....but I sort of agree, threw him to the sharks

rioz17 site profile image

3/29/13 8:31 AM by rioz17

A better fight would be lamas vs Edgar and tkz vs oliviera, siver vs cub would be a great fight but I doubt any of these guys stands a chance with aldo he's already beaten the crap out of Swanson and decisioned edgar, lamas is tough but aldos striking and pace are on a whole nother level(as seen against chad Mendez) compared to him and tkz's, I got a feeling he will beat Pettis and move up to LW to see if Ben can challenge him

Brabatross site profile image

3/29/13 6:48 AM by Brabatross

I hate the Siver/Swanson matchup. My two favorite fighters in the divisions. I think Siver is probably going to sleep but I hope he pulls it off.

MMA Lives Here site profile image

3/29/13 6:45 AM by MMA Lives Here

Edgar still overrated I see

stonepony site profile image

3/29/13 6:32 AM by stonepony

Siver vs Swanson could be fight of the night.