'Cyborg' Santos: I don't need to prove anything

At next weekend's Invicta 5, Cris 'Cyborg' Santos returns to MMA action after over a year lay off. Cyborg will be looking a statement in her return to fighting:

“I don’t think I need to prove anything for nobody because I try to do my best and winning or losing is a consequence.  I try to do a nice fight.  I try to do the best fight.  If you win or lose, it’s a consequence, but I want to put on a big show.  When people watch my fights I want it to be exciting,” she said.

Santos says she isn’t changing the way she fights, and her game plan is always the same, look to finish with a knockout.

“I think this fight, I will try for the knockout all the time,” said Santos.  “I’m not going to change anything in my plan to fight.  My plan is all the time try for the knockout

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Hayabusa Fade Flip Flop

Hayabusa Fade Flip Flop

JAKKS Pacific Series 1 Evan Tanner Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Series 1 Evan Tanner Action Figure

tags: Cris Cyborg   Invicta 5

Strykr619 site profile image

3/30/13 9:53 PM by Strykr619

Bonner got a pass? LOL he pretty much is shunned now in MMA so their goes that "pass".

dahosse site profile image

3/30/13 9:49 PM by dahosse

Ding ding ding

ChaosOverkill site profile image

3/30/13 8:20 PM by ChaosOverkill

prove Fox is less woman than you?   j/k but seriously you need to prove you can fight sans roids.

duckhuntgangsta site profile image

3/30/13 8:16 PM by duckhuntgangsta

I'd think she needs to prove she can pass a basic piss test.

JustAnotherMMAFan site profile image

3/30/13 7:29 PM by JustAnotherMMAFan

Seems quite ignorant. If so, female bodybuilders would be as strong as men, and we know it's just not the case.Not only she still produces estrogen, but her bone size and density, tendons and body structure are that of a woman.If it was all hormones, then, yes, Fallon Fox would have the right to fight women.

aaronlynton site profile image

3/30/13 11:42 AM by aaronlynton

This

Eggbert site profile image

3/30/13 10:31 AM by Eggbert

It's the same thing. Men can infact take a rediculously higher amount of peds before experiencing side affects. Take a substance like winstrol. An average dose for a female would be 5-10 mg per day. A male could take 50-100mg per day and experience no side affects. Any higher than 5-10 a female would experience quite a bit. Men can also take testosterone where as almost no women outside of bodybuilding take it. The level sustained using peds vs non peds for men is so much higher than it is for women it's crazy. It's all cheating but its just dumb that its more acceptable for men

CapnKindBud site profile image

3/30/13 8:48 AM by CapnKindBud

That's misleading. Compared to men, women have trace amounts of test in their bodies. MEN who abuse roids go from strong testosterone laden men to super human roid monsters!FEMALES who abuse roids go from estrogen laden feminine women to giant testosterone laden SheMales with MAN strength, huge muscles, deep voice and a hanging clitenis!HUGE difference! It's like a MAN beating up on a woman! Cyborg should be tested constantly because she tested positive before and she REFUSES to drop 10 pounds to fight for (by far) the biggest opportunity in wmma history...

JFC1001 site profile image

3/30/13 5:27 AM by JFC1001

How do think Bigfoot feels. Lol.

epic hero site profile image

3/30/13 4:41 AM by epic hero

This fight will never happen so it's best that we all move on. Ronda doesn't want the fight and Cyborg can't make the weight, that ship has sailed

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!