Sonnen: Jon Jones, beat me...if you can

Chael Sonnen: I will come on stage, I will sell the tickets. I'm the highest paid fighter in the history of the UFC and I'm the biggest draw this industry has ever seen. So Jon, when I get done, grab your broom and sweep up afterwards.

You guys need to know one thing. On 4/27 at 7:00 PM, 10:00 in the East, not that the East coast matters, and only on PPV, by Chael Sonnen promotions in conjuction with Zuffa, LLC will bring to you the biggest fight of the year, the biggest lightheavyweight fight of all time. The young Jon Jones at last will have what every young fight dreams, a chance to go one on one, to actually share the people's Octagon with Chael Sonnen.

And he will be remindered the hard way what you already know: When your the greatest fighter in the world today, gentlemen, they have a name for you. They don't call you a great fighter, they call you Chael Sonnen.

Jon Jones, beat me, if you can.

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

TapouT Chael Sonnen UFC 167 Respect Is Earned Shirt

TapouT Chael Sonnen UFC 167 Respect Is Earned Shirt

FunDeath4u site profile image

4/5/13 11:52 AM by FunDeath4u

Sonnen doesn't looked sucked up and skinny anymore like he did when he got off the roids for a few fights. Soooo Jon is going to have the FULLY ROIDED Silva dominating (until the triangle) Sonnen on his hands. Jon is very good at pawing at peoples eyes the whole fight and kicking people in the knees. If Chael can close the distance he can beat him.

stonepony site profile image

4/5/13 1:55 AM by stonepony

Love it. Would be funny if Chael still had the bruises or the wired jaw at JBJ's wedding.Who knows. Chael runs his mouth, but he always has a chance, and nobody backs him down. He could take JBJ down 5 times for the win. And, he could knock Jones down if not out. He dropped Anderson a couple times.

Affliction Blackbelt site profile image

4/3/13 10:20 PM by Affliction Blackbelt

Really have no idea what chaels strategy is here. First he calls Jones out, then butters him up with compliments, then a bit of trash talk, more comliments, some rehashed Silva material...to achieve what?? Hmmmm.

Tweener site profile image

4/3/13 6:54 PM by Tweener

Wow - whoever wrote that needs to do some fucking proofreading.   "When your the greatest..."   Really?

UGCTT_FryedTakayama site profile image

4/3/13 6:47 PM by UGCTT_FryedTakayama

Making up fake quotes isn't going to help prove your point and like it or not Ali's pro wrestling style trash talk is also what defined his career and part of the reason why people came out to see his fights because people either wanted to see him win or get his ass beat, much like Chael....

Katsumoto site profile image

4/3/13 6:42 PM by Katsumoto

i have to admit that i absolutely HATED sonnen before watching him coach TUF. the show revealed that there is another side to him: an awesome motivator, inspiring teacher, and, along with Tito, one of the best TUF coaches ever. i really respect the guy now.however, i still wish he'd tone it down with the whole Ali-schtick. i like to think that the guy you see on TUF is the real him, and not the trash-talking, publicity whore you see everywhere else. the UFC doesn't need a hype man like him to sell tickets (i really doubt his antics really help anyway). people will still pay to watch him fight JBJ regardless.

GoodnightWorld site profile image

4/3/13 6:36 PM by GoodnightWorld

Oh, gotcha. Then we're talking at cross points. I'm saying Ali is defined by career wins, dominance and political actions, like going to jail for not supporting an imperial/CIA/arms company war; and you're saying "hey, I'm an idiot."Glad we sorted that out.

Keep if professional site profile image

4/3/13 6:30 PM by Keep if professional

I'm betting the farm on Sonnen.

UGCTT_FryedTakayama site profile image

4/3/13 6:27 PM by UGCTT_FryedTakayama

I think you're the one that's missing my point. You said "Wait so....what the fuck does Muhammed Ali owe to pro wrestling?" and I just showed you.

GoodnightWorld site profile image

4/3/13 6:17 PM by GoodnightWorld

I think you miss the point. Without talk, Chael is nothing. Without talk, Ali is the best boxer ever. Wrestling didn't do that for him. Substance over hype, even though he could hype.