Rousey: 'Chop her pecker off' Fallon Fox still at an advantage

by Marc Raimondi |

Ronda Rousey doesn’t necessarily disagree with fellow UFC fighter Matt Mitrione’s comments about transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox, but she doesn’t believe he chose the right words.

Rousey, the UFC women’s bantamweight champion, said she would fight Fox if the UFC asked her to, but she believes that Fox “has a physical advantage” because she was born a man.

Rousey says she’s researched the topic extensively and has come to an informed opinion.

“She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it’s still the same bone structure a man has,” Rousey told The Post. “It’s an advantage. I don’t think it’s fair.”

UFC Women\'s Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

UFC Women's Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

tags: Ronda Rousey (detail)  Fallon Fox

dahosse site profile image

4/12/13 12:18 PM by dahosse

Between this and people digging on posters like sister steel and fighters like cyborg, I'd say there are quite a few young gentlemen posting here that are suffering some "confusion".

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA site profile image

4/12/13 10:10 AM by UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

So if my analogy was not that I said it.to a coworker, but rather made a public comment in an interview as a representative of my company, it would have been better? Okay then switch it to that. Matt signed the code of conduct, and his comments were in a completely different category than saying "chopped his dick off"...not even close. Rouseys remarks as a whole were direct and to the point, and WAY more respectful.

Tombmatter site profile image

4/12/13 7:41 AM by Tombmatter

What is the TRT needed for then, if you keep same weight, strenght, muscle and explosiveness while blocking your testo and eating estrogen?

Officer Farva site profile image

4/12/13 6:08 AM by Officer Farva

I can see the UFC coming out with a transgender weightclass and putting Fox all over the covers of magazine and givingh er/him/it the belt without ever fighting a single match in the octagon.

NotImpressedByYourScreenName site profile image

4/12/13 4:07 AM by NotImpressedByYourScreenName

Fair point

Jack Carter site profile image

4/11/13 11:25 PM by Jack Carter

RampageFitsLikeAGlove site profile image

4/11/13 11:04 PM by RampageFitsLikeAGlove

Dana White ‏@rondarousey   3h :)       What a hypocrite

Herpaderp site profile image

4/11/13 10:54 PM by Herpaderp

shawn is bisexual that means he like dick and yeah the best thing to happen here is for the lgbt / gay / women whatever community or whatever to come out not support what fox is doing

ranier wolfcastle site profile image

4/11/13 10:34 PM by ranier wolfcastle

the real surprise in this thread is that i photoshopped fallons fake tits onto ronda and its been totally ignored!!!

ShawnTheBadger site profile image

4/11/13 10:29 PM by ShawnTheBadger

You sir, are speaking with a bisexual male, long-term mma fan, who is firmly against Fallon Fox being allowed to fight.  Until I see a lot more current evidence and research to the contrary, it is flat-out unsafe.     How do you know "so many gay men and women are being silent on this issue"? Judge for yourself.  First gay news articles I found.   Typed "gay support for fallon fox" into Ask.com. I posted the nuetral-to-negative comments so you don't have to click on a "gay link" if you do not want to.  Four (4) comments out of eleven (11), and I am not the "Shawn" that posted, pure coincidence. Warning:  This link may cause you to see MatBattle ads.  No nudity, nothing risque, but a gay oriented on-line news source. http://www.towleroad.com/2013/03/pro-mma-fighter-fallon-fox-im-trans.html I'm sure her biggest regret will be that now the MMA community will undoubtedly rail against her for keeping this secret when all this time she has had an unfair advantage against the women she fights, having the body and musculature of a man. Posted by: Shawn | Mar 6, 2013 6:02:07 PM "Transwomen" often take advantage of women. This is no different. As a gay man, I stand with women. As for DrDonna, who apologizes for everything trans activists do, including violence and threats directed against lesbians and gays, she should be ashamed of herself. In this case, it is obvious that this person has male muscles. If it is true that artificial hormones can reduce the muscles, maybe she isn't taking her full dosage.  Posted by: Tami | Mar 7, 2013 2:32:48 AM   No sure how I feel about a trans M2F MMA fighter. Posted by: Billy | Mar 6, 2013 6:58:59 PM   "look-a like-a man" --Ms. Swan (MADtv) Posted by: WebHyrid | Mar 6, 2013 7:06:47 PM   I can wrap my head around trans people. I can wrap my head around MMA fighting (though I am not fond of the promotion of violence) I can even wrap my head around female fighters. It's the total combo I'm having trouble coming to terms with. Posted by: johnny | Mar 7, 2013 8:43:55 AM That sir is five (5) out of eleven (11) posts,  45% of the posts, on that gay-oriented news web-site, that are all somewhere between nuetral and highly critical of Fox Fallon fighting born-females. Here's the HuffPost Gay Voices.  On line news, nothing to burn your heterosexual eyes from their sockets. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/09/matt-mitrione-fallon-fox-suspended_n_3045308.html These following two (2) posts are in the first ten (10) or so.  I am not going through all 97 posts. rk13     3 1 Fan In reply to: Alyssa Evers You are completely incorrect It isn't simply bone density but frame. Men have larger hands, that can deliver more powerful punches, as can longer limbs, larger skulls that can better absorb blows, a hip structure that allows kicks to be delivered with more force, and shoulder width that are huge advantages in grappling and generating torque and force used in takedowns. Men also have a higher muscle to fat ratio, and that has formed into her biology. Those biomechanical advantages are permanent. Men, given evolutionary traits, also have faster reaction times than women. I wrestled for over 12 years, middle school into college. I wrestled against women through high-school, in my weight class, and there were some who were unbelievably skilled and athletic, one even went on to be an olympic alternate, a level far beyond me and my skillset. But in our match, at the same weight, as a male, I was physically stronger and faster and in tie ups with a wider base and longer arms, I could complete take-downs more efficiently. She was just at a physical disadvantage. I am all for her having equal rights but she shouldn't be fighting women.   SUPERDANIMAL 8 Fans In reply to: Monet Sutton his nickname is meathead for a reason. and it does affect lives. fox gets many mechanical advantages that normal woman do not have like bigger shoulders,fist and hips to generate more power. she never disclosed that she used to be a man to begin with and went on to violently knock out her opponents in the first round.fight science did a study a few days ago and it concluded that woman would have to start taking steroids at puberty to even come close the advantage fox has. it is a huge shame to the sport. i train 4 transgender individuals and all 4 say this is insane on so many levels     Please re-read SUPERDANIMAL's last line again.  "I train 4 transgender individuals and all 4 say this is insane on so many levels."   There is proof for you sir, that the GLBT community is not all rallying around Fox Fallon.  She is recieving plenty of backlash and negativity from homosexuals.  It is a devisive issue.   Please do not think that the entire group under the GLBT-banner are all a bunch blind, irrational lemmings.         Thee only thing you and I disagree on in is your apparent support of Mitriones statement.  And I think you have to agree that his statement could be easily construed as highly bigoted.  From my viewpoint, the viewpoint of the UFC, and the viewpoint of a whole lot of folks.  I fully understand that you do not think his remarks were that harsh.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!