Complete UFC on FOX 7 results

The UFC on FOX 7 took place Saturday, April 20th, at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, CA. The main event was a lightweight title fight between Benson Henderson and Gilbert Melendez.

Main Bouts (Live on Fox, 8:00 PM ET)
-Benson Henderson defeated Gilbert Melendez by Split Decision (47-48, 48-47, 48-47)
-Daniel Cormier defeated Frank Mir by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
-Josh Thomson defeated Nate Diaz by TKO (Ref Stoppage, 2nd Round, 3:44)
-Matt Brown defeated Jordan Mein by TKO (Ref Stoppage, 2nd Round, 1:00)

Preliminary Bouts (Live on FX, 6:00 PM ET)
-Chad Mendes defeated Darren Elkins by TKO (Ref Stoppage, Round 1, 1:10)
-Francis Carmont defeated Lorenz Larkin by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
-Myles Jury defeated Ramsey Nijim by KO (Punches, Round 2, 1:02)
-Joseph Benavidez defeated Darren Uyenoyama by TKO (Ref Stoppage, Round 1, 4:50)
-Jorge Masvidal defeated Tim Means by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
-T.J. Dillashaw defeated Hugo Viani by TKO (Ref Stoppage, Round 1, 4:22)

Preliminary Bouts (Live on Facebook, 3:40 PM ET)
-Anthony Njokuani defeated Roger Bowling by Knockout (Punch, Round 2, 2:52)
-Yoel Romero defeated Clifford Starks by Knockout (Strikes, Round 1, 1:32)

Metal Mulisha Department Shirt

Metal Mulisha Department Shirt

Metal Mulisha Walking Dead Shirt

Metal Mulisha Walking Dead Shirt

RileyPust site profile image

4/21/13 12:02 PM by RileyPust

What's odd to me is how controversial the third round was. I thought it was clearly Benson's and in fact I thought it was the most decisive round in the fight. Still haven't rewatched, but that was my impression watching it live. After the 4th I told my brother "it could very well be 2 rounds apiece, round 2 is a tossup and could go either way." Although I thought Benson was a terrible matchup for Gil and would steamroll him, Gil proved me wrong early on.

radiobaby site profile image

4/21/13 7:14 AM by radiobaby

Same. I just rewatched the 5th round after I saw Gil state he thought he won that one at the presser. Seemed like bendo got a few cleaner shots out of what was really very little effective offense from either guy. Gil certainly didn't make a statement in that round, no clue why he would think it was definitive.

steveAKAslick site profile image

4/21/13 5:04 AM by steveAKAslick

Roller, Prater, Dunham and Wiman...not too bad and a four fight streak....I think Thomson moved up there with his performance...he either deserves one more fight against a contender or just a title shot IMO

RileyPust site profile image

4/21/13 3:00 AM by RileyPust

I felt Benson won rounds 3, 4, and 5. The leg kicks were more devastating than anything Gil landed. Gil fought a great fight but he faded. I'm gonna have to watch it again, damn close fight.

Jaybrone site profile image

4/21/13 1:27 AM by Jaybrone

Why is it so shocking? Grant is on a roll Maynard has only ever lost to the former champ in 2 CLOSE hard fought title fights where he nearly KO'd the champ in both. Both are highly ranked.

Warriormmd site profile image

4/21/13 1:09 AM by Warriormmd

Best part of the night for me was meeting Michael Jai White!

steveAKAslick site profile image

4/21/13 1:08 AM by steveAKAslick

For real?!?!

UGSlapshot site profile image

4/21/13 12:55 AM by UGSlapshot

I felt Gil won round one 10/9 soundly. but could have won or possibly lost round three or four 10/9 round two was Hendersons even though I personally felt Gil won the third and fith.I thought Nate got fucked over by heavy illegal shots to the back of the head even though the head kick was brutal. Mir looked about as good as he could and lose considering the majority of fans thought Cormier was going to cave his skull.He certainly lost but I ended up feeling Mir is still a top ten guy and that I probably underestimated him.I thought the main card was solid, it had a PPV feel that most fox cards don't.

joshavard site profile image

4/21/13 12:34 AM by joshavard

Disappointed in Bendo, he should of had the ring in his mouth the whole fight.Great night of fights though, nice to see a main card truly deliver.

Affliction Blackbelt site profile image

4/21/13 12:10 AM by Affliction Blackbelt

Aside from eating the leg kicks I thought Gil looked awesome. I was expecting Bendo to outclass him a bit more, but it was pretty even. I wouldn't mind seeing the rematch. El Nino made a bigger fan of me tonight.