Brown: Mein a more dangerous fight than Hardy

by Chris Palmquist |

Matt Brown is currently riding a four bout win streak and was scheduled to face his stiffest test in former title contender Dan Hardy at this weekend's UFC on FOX 7. However due to medical circumstances, Hardy was unable to compete and in stepped former Strikeforce fighter Jordan Mein. Mein made an impressive octagon debut last month, stopping veteran Dan Miller in the first round.

Although Mein does not have the name recognition of a Dan Hardy, Matt Brown knows the fighter is dangerous, maybe even moreso than his previously scheduled opponent:

"I see him as more dangerous than Dan Hardy in the sense that for one he's more unpredictable. I don't know as much about him," Brown stated.   "I can get probably 15 or 20 fights on Dan Hardy right now if I wanted them.  With Jordan Mein I'm looking at maybe three or four fights.  Like I said earlier Jordan, he's an up and comer whereas Dan Hardy's talking about retirement.

"You've got a guy that's ultra hungry and probably trying to make a run for the title.  Where Dan Hardy has probably accepted that he's not going to be in the title picture and he's moved on in his career.  So, those are two completely different mentalities that you're dealing with.  It's not taking anything away from Dan Hardy, it's just a different mentality."

Venum Dan \

Venum Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy Fight Shorts

Punishment Athletics Not For Everybody Shirt

Punishment Athletics Not For Everybody Shirt

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 site profile image

4/18/13 7:27 PM by UGCTT Molsonmuscle360

He could find like 20 fights on Mein on tape if he wanted to really dig through the Score Fighting Series archives, but the thing with Mein, he's so much better right now then he even was in his Strikeforce fights.  I like Brown, but Mein is going to wreck him.

Chaelismyhero site profile image

4/18/13 7:17 PM by Chaelismyhero

I think Brown wins this fight via toughness. Mein is really good young prospect though. One thing about Mein though that i worry about is that he has had a TON of mma fights for a 23 year old. Plus Kickboxing and amateur mma fights. Thats alot of wear and tear on a young body.

Bounty Hunter site profile image

4/18/13 7:04 PM by Bounty Hunter

i like matt brown and he's on a tear right now, but mein is going to get another ko/tko on another opponent who has never been ko'd/tko'd. plus i have to root for my hometown boy!!!WAR MEIN!!!!

UGCTT_VA757_GJTT site profile image

4/18/13 1:58 PM by UGCTT_VA757_GJTT

Matt hardy should get his brother jeff hardy to corner him...it'd be good for the sport.

epic hero site profile image

4/18/13 1:55 PM by epic hero

Brown's right, I think he was too hungry to lose to someone talking about retirement a month out from the fight, I think Mein is a much more dangerous fight

DudShuTFKUP site profile image

4/18/13 1:48 PM by DudShuTFKUP

Matt is fighting a future champ in Mein!i love Matt but this is by far his biggest fight.

goocher site profile image

4/18/13 1:46 PM by goocher

I'm hoping Matt can grind him out.

FunDeath4u site profile image

4/18/13 1:35 PM by FunDeath4u

Mein is so damn good people have no idea yet... His jab is just NASTY

da Vinci 81 site profile image

4/18/13 1:22 PM by da Vinci 81

He's probably right. Mein looked damn good against miller.