White: Meniere's Disease '100% cured' after stem cell procedure

UFC President Dana White has been battle Meniere's diesease for over a year. The disease is an inner ear disorder that affects balance and hearing and does not have any known cure. White underwent a procedure earlier this year that did not help, but told Jay Mohr today on ESPN radio, that he recently underwent another procedure in Germany that seems to have done the trick:

White revealed to Mohr that he had a stem cell procedure done in Germany following the UFC on FUEL TV 9 card that has cured him. Apparently a conversation White had with New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez prompted him to check out stem cell procedures done in Germany that could ease the symptoms of the disease which is currently known to have no cure.

"Well, A-Rod from the Yankees, hit me up and told me that when he was hurt Kobe called him and they both went to Germany and did this stem cell stuff. Right. So he says listen bro, I don’t know if this is going to help you, but I’ll tell you what it’s worth a shot. Well long story short, we had the fight out to Sweden. I went to Germany. I got the stem cells. Dude, I am 100 percent cured.

“I am 100 percent a new guy, man. I’m working out again. I’m doing all the things that I used to do. I’m traveling. My life is back,” White said. “All they do is they go in there, they take your blood, they incubate it, they spin it and add stuff to it. I don’t know what the hell they do, I’m no scientist. I’m a million bucks now, man. I couldn’t feel better.”

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

UFC Elite Series Open Face Headgear

tags: Dana White

FitJuice site profile image

4/20/13 9:45 AM by FitJuice

ttt!

mmavixen site profile image

4/20/13 8:47 AM by mmavixen

Very happy for Dana. I hated seeing him sick.

ophusker site profile image

4/20/13 8:14 AM by ophusker

Nah this has more to do with excessive regulations in the us and the fact we are lawsuit happy which makes doctors scared to try this type of stuff. Both of those things are liberal agendas not conservative. Pretty much all conservatives support tort reform but liberals fight it because the trial lawyers are huge supporters of the democratic party. We do stem cell transplants in the us al the time. I know two different people that were basically cured from leukemia by a transplant.

CindyO site profile image

4/19/13 8:21 PM by CindyO

That... or chronic painintheassimus disease:)   Cindy

THP site profile image

4/19/13 6:27 PM by THP

Let that be a lesson to all you bible-thumping idiots that stem cells can cure nearly every disease known to man.

UGSlapshot site profile image

4/19/13 5:32 PM by UGSlapshot

They used Dana's cells, they can now create stem cells from regular cells. Nothing embryotic about it.

UGSlapshot site profile image

4/19/13 5:30 PM by UGSlapshot

Time to move to Germany.

ScottLean site profile image

4/19/13 5:29 PM by ScottLean

Maybe this vid has been poeted already, I don't know, but at the start of this video Dana goes into alot more details about all this:http://youtu.be/G3gdHHGjL3U

The Engineer site profile image

4/19/13 2:07 PM by The Engineer

To all of the low information idiots posting for one side or the other, not all stem cells are embryonic stem cells, in fact, very few are anymore since other stems cells have proven to be just as effective (often more effective) in most research. Only the use of embryonic stem cells has been controversial or limited, not stem cell research in general. I didn't see anything in the article that said embryonic stem cells were used or that Dana would support the killing of an innocent baby to simply improve his own quality of life.

CHiLLEN site profile image

4/19/13 11:05 AM by CHiLLEN

This bought a smile to my face. Fantastic news!! Dana works his ass off, and gives a lot to us fans. Glad things are on the mend and fingers crossed it stays that way.